Amanda Holden 'Utterly Devastated' After Losing Baby
British actress and TV host Amanda Holden is "utterly devastated" after losing her baby seven months into her pregnancy. The "Britain's Got Talent" judge announced last month she was expecting her second child, a boy, by husband Chris Hughes.
Holden was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital in London last Tuesday, February 1 when the baby stopped moving. It was later stillborn, reports the Associated Press.
Her agent Alison Griffin says, "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong. Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support." Holden and Hughes are already parents to a daughter, Lexi, five.
Celebrity friends of Holden have taken to their Twitter.com pages to express their condolences since hearing the news. In a post, pregnant Emma Bunton writes, "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
Myleene Klass, who is also expecting her second child, added, "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven."
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12