Amanda Holden 'Utterly Devastated' After Losing Baby
British actress and TV host Amanda Holden is "utterly devastated" after losing her baby seven months into her pregnancy. The "Britain's Got Talent" judge announced last month she was expecting her second child, a boy, by husband Chris Hughes.
Holden was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital in London last Tuesday, February 1 when the baby stopped moving. It was later stillborn, reports the Associated Press.
Her agent Alison Griffin says, "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong. Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support." Holden and Hughes are already parents to a daughter, Lexi, five.
Celebrity friends of Holden have taken to their Twitter.com pages to express their condolences since hearing the news. In a post, pregnant Emma Bunton writes, "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
Myleene Klass, who is also expecting her second child, added, "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven."
More Amanda Holden News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video