Amanda Holden 'Utterly Devastated' After Losing Baby
British actress and TV host Amanda Holden is "utterly devastated" after losing her baby seven months into her pregnancy. The "Britain's Got Talent" judge announced last month she was expecting her second child, a boy, by husband Chris Hughes.
Holden was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital in London last Tuesday, February 1 when the baby stopped moving. It was later stillborn, reports the Associated Press.
Her agent Alison Griffin says, "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong. Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support." Holden and Hughes are already parents to a daughter, Lexi, five.
Celebrity friends of Holden have taken to their Twitter.com pages to express their condolences since hearing the news. In a post, pregnant Emma Bunton writes, "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
Myleene Klass, who is also expecting her second child, added, "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'