Amanda Holden 'Utterly Devastated' After Losing Baby
British actress and TV host Amanda Holden is "utterly devastated" after losing her baby seven months into her pregnancy. The "Britain's Got Talent" judge announced last month she was expecting her second child, a boy, by husband Chris Hughes.
Holden was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital in London last Tuesday, February 1 when the baby stopped moving. It was later stillborn, reports the Associated Press.
Her agent Alison Griffin says, "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong. Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support." Holden and Hughes are already parents to a daughter, Lexi, five.
Celebrity friends of Holden have taken to their Twitter.com pages to express their condolences since hearing the news. In a post, pregnant Emma Bunton writes, "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
Myleene Klass, who is also expecting her second child, added, "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven."
More Amanda Holden News
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?