Amanda Holden 'Utterly Devastated' After Losing Baby
British actress and TV host Amanda Holden is "utterly devastated" after losing her baby seven months into her pregnancy. The "Britain's Got Talent" judge announced last month she was expecting her second child, a boy, by husband Chris Hughes.
Holden was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital in London last Tuesday, February 1 when the baby stopped moving. It was later stillborn, reports the Associated Press.
Her agent Alison Griffin says, "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong. Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support." Holden and Hughes are already parents to a daughter, Lexi, five.
Celebrity friends of Holden have taken to their Twitter.com pages to express their condolences since hearing the news. In a post, pregnant Emma Bunton writes, "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
Myleene Klass, who is also expecting her second child, added, "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed