Elvis Presley's Ex Tura Satana Died of Heart Failure
Actress Tura Satana has died of heart failure at the age of 72. The star passed away in Reno, Nevada on Friday night, February 4, her longtime manager, Siouxzan Perry, tells the New York Times.
Born in 1938, Satana began her career as a teenage model before moving into acting. She appeared in several TV shows, including "Burke's Law", "The Greatest Show on Earth", "Hawaiian Eye", and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". The beauty landed her first big screen role in 1963's "Irma La Douce", and became most well-known for her turn in Russ Meyer's 1965 film "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!".
Satana once famously dated Elvis Presley - but turned down a proposal from the musician. She went on to wed a retired Los Angeles police officer in 1981. He died in 2000.
In more recent years, she appeared in 2008's "Sugar Boxx" and voiced a character in 2009's "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto". Satana is survived by two daughters from a previous relationship.
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC