Elvis Presley's Ex Tura Satana Died of Heart Failure
Actress Tura Satana has died of heart failure at the age of 72. The star passed away in Reno, Nevada on Friday night, February 4, her longtime manager, Siouxzan Perry, tells the New York Times.
Born in 1938, Satana began her career as a teenage model before moving into acting. She appeared in several TV shows, including "Burke's Law", "The Greatest Show on Earth", "Hawaiian Eye", and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". The beauty landed her first big screen role in 1963's "Irma La Douce", and became most well-known for her turn in Russ Meyer's 1965 film "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!".
Satana once famously dated Elvis Presley - but turned down a proposal from the musician. She went on to wed a retired Los Angeles police officer in 1981. He died in 2000.
In more recent years, she appeared in 2008's "Sugar Boxx" and voiced a character in 2009's "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto". Satana is survived by two daughters from a previous relationship.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?