Elvis Presley's Ex Tura Satana Died of Heart Failure
Actress Tura Satana has died of heart failure at the age of 72. The star passed away in Reno, Nevada on Friday night, February 4, her longtime manager, Siouxzan Perry, tells the New York Times.
Born in 1938, Satana began her career as a teenage model before moving into acting. She appeared in several TV shows, including "Burke's Law", "The Greatest Show on Earth", "Hawaiian Eye", and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". The beauty landed her first big screen role in 1963's "Irma La Douce", and became most well-known for her turn in Russ Meyer's 1965 film "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!".
Satana once famously dated Elvis Presley - but turned down a proposal from the musician. She went on to wed a retired Los Angeles police officer in 1981. He died in 2000.
In more recent years, she appeared in 2008's "Sugar Boxx" and voiced a character in 2009's "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto". Satana is survived by two daughters from a previous relationship.
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement