Elvis Presley's Ex Tura Satana Died of Heart Failure
Actress Tura Satana has died of heart failure at the age of 72. The star passed away in Reno, Nevada on Friday night, February 4, her longtime manager, Siouxzan Perry, tells the New York Times.
Born in 1938, Satana began her career as a teenage model before moving into acting. She appeared in several TV shows, including "Burke's Law", "The Greatest Show on Earth", "Hawaiian Eye", and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". The beauty landed her first big screen role in 1963's "Irma La Douce", and became most well-known for her turn in Russ Meyer's 1965 film "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!".
Satana once famously dated Elvis Presley - but turned down a proposal from the musician. She went on to wed a retired Los Angeles police officer in 1981. He died in 2000.
In more recent years, she appeared in 2008's "Sugar Boxx" and voiced a character in 2009's "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto". Satana is survived by two daughters from a previous relationship.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account