Elvis Presley's Ex Tura Satana Died of Heart Failure
Actress Tura Satana has died of heart failure at the age of 72. The star passed away in Reno, Nevada on Friday night, February 4, her longtime manager, Siouxzan Perry, tells the New York Times.
Born in 1938, Satana began her career as a teenage model before moving into acting. She appeared in several TV shows, including "Burke's Law", "The Greatest Show on Earth", "Hawaiian Eye", and "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". The beauty landed her first big screen role in 1963's "Irma La Douce", and became most well-known for her turn in Russ Meyer's 1965 film "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!".
Satana once famously dated Elvis Presley - but turned down a proposal from the musician. She went on to wed a retired Los Angeles police officer in 1981. He died in 2000.
In more recent years, she appeared in 2008's "Sugar Boxx" and voiced a character in 2009's "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto". Satana is survived by two daughters from a previous relationship.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money