Called 'Faggot', Shia LaBeouf Punched Man in Bar
Movie star Shia LaBeouf was handcuffed by police after a bar fight in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles on Friday, February 4 night. Cops were called to sports bar Mad Bulls Tavern after reports a fight broke out between the "Transformers" star and another patron, according to HollyScoop.com.
LaBeouf, who is a regular at the new bar, was detained for 20 minutes and then allowed to leave the scene. According to witnesses, the actor was punched in the face during the scuffle. It is not known what sparked the fight, but one onlooker tells WENN LaBeouf wasn't the instigator.
According to RadarOnline, another person in the bar called the actor a "f**cking faggot." He was reportedly leaving the bar when he was attacked by an unknown man. No arrests were made.
It's the latest controversy for LaBeouf, who was arrested and charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing after he refused to leave a Chicago, Illinois drug store in November, 2007. The charges were dropped a month later. Then, in March, 2008, a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to make a court appearance to face charges of unlawful smoking in Burbank, California. That charge was also dismissed.
The star was arrested in July, 2008 for misdemeanor drunk driving, and his driver's license was suspended for one year, when he refused a Breathalyzer test following a car crash in Los Angeles, that left LaBeouf with a crushed hand.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says