Called 'Faggot', Shia LaBeouf Punched Man in Bar
Movie star Shia LaBeouf was handcuffed by police after a bar fight in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles on Friday, February 4 night. Cops were called to sports bar Mad Bulls Tavern after reports a fight broke out between the "Transformers" star and another patron, according to HollyScoop.com.
LaBeouf, who is a regular at the new bar, was detained for 20 minutes and then allowed to leave the scene. According to witnesses, the actor was punched in the face during the scuffle. It is not known what sparked the fight, but one onlooker tells WENN LaBeouf wasn't the instigator.
According to RadarOnline, another person in the bar called the actor a "f**cking faggot." He was reportedly leaving the bar when he was attacked by an unknown man. No arrests were made.
It's the latest controversy for LaBeouf, who was arrested and charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing after he refused to leave a Chicago, Illinois drug store in November, 2007. The charges were dropped a month later. Then, in March, 2008, a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to make a court appearance to face charges of unlawful smoking in Burbank, California. That charge was also dismissed.
The star was arrested in July, 2008 for misdemeanor drunk driving, and his driver's license was suspended for one year, when he refused a Breathalyzer test following a car crash in Los Angeles, that left LaBeouf with a crushed hand.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'