Pam Grier Beats Cancer With Chinese Medicine
Foxy Brown star Pam Grier has Chinese herbal medicine to thank for her cancer all-clear - because western doctors suggested she turn to alternatives after traditional methods to cure her failed. The actress was diagnosed with stage four cancer in 1988 and given just months to live - but she's still going strong thanks in part to regular trips to Chinatown in Los Angeles.
During an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3, she said, "My physician said, 'Western medicine has done all it can, I'm sending you to Chinatown. You'll meet these practitioners and you'll listen to them.' "
Grier has documented her cancer battle in her new book "My Life in Three Acts".
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest