Pam Grier Beats Cancer With Chinese Medicine
Foxy Brown star Pam Grier has Chinese herbal medicine to thank for her cancer all-clear - because western doctors suggested she turn to alternatives after traditional methods to cure her failed. The actress was diagnosed with stage four cancer in 1988 and given just months to live - but she's still going strong thanks in part to regular trips to Chinatown in Los Angeles.
During an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3, she said, "My physician said, 'Western medicine has done all it can, I'm sending you to Chinatown. You'll meet these practitioners and you'll listen to them.' "
Grier has documented her cancer battle in her new book "My Life in Three Acts".
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes