Pam Grier Beats Cancer With Chinese Medicine
Foxy Brown star Pam Grier has Chinese herbal medicine to thank for her cancer all-clear - because western doctors suggested she turn to alternatives after traditional methods to cure her failed. The actress was diagnosed with stage four cancer in 1988 and given just months to live - but she's still going strong thanks in part to regular trips to Chinatown in Los Angeles.
During an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3, she said, "My physician said, 'Western medicine has done all it can, I'm sending you to Chinatown. You'll meet these practitioners and you'll listen to them.' "
Grier has documented her cancer battle in her new book "My Life in Three Acts".
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle