Pam Grier Beats Cancer With Chinese Medicine
Foxy Brown star Pam Grier has Chinese herbal medicine to thank for her cancer all-clear - because western doctors suggested she turn to alternatives after traditional methods to cure her failed. The actress was diagnosed with stage four cancer in 1988 and given just months to live - but she's still going strong thanks in part to regular trips to Chinatown in Los Angeles.
During an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3, she said, "My physician said, 'Western medicine has done all it can, I'm sending you to Chinatown. You'll meet these practitioners and you'll listen to them.' "
Grier has documented her cancer battle in her new book "My Life in Three Acts".
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth