Pam Grier Beats Cancer With Chinese Medicine
Foxy Brown star Pam Grier has Chinese herbal medicine to thank for her cancer all-clear - because western doctors suggested she turn to alternatives after traditional methods to cure her failed. The actress was diagnosed with stage four cancer in 1988 and given just months to live - but she's still going strong thanks in part to regular trips to Chinatown in Los Angeles.
During an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3, she said, "My physician said, 'Western medicine has done all it can, I'm sending you to Chinatown. You'll meet these practitioners and you'll listen to them.' "
Grier has documented her cancer battle in her new book "My Life in Three Acts".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers