Condom Request Led to Pam Grier and Richard Pryor's Split
Seventies pin-up Pam Grier and comedian Richard Pryor's doomed 18-month romance ended when he took issue with her requests for him to wear a condom during sex. The actress' doctor told her that cocaine-user Pryor's sperm was harming her body - because it contained traces of the drug.
And he insisted she should demand protected sex. Appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3 to promote her new memoirs, "Foxy: My Life in Three Acts", the Foxy Brown star revealed, "There was an epidemic of a lot of people doing cocaine and it accumulated in the body and often in the prostrate gland and it would come out during your sexual activity, and inside a woman it could harm her."
"(My doctor) said, 'You'll have to ask your mate to wear protection...' It would protect me from getting the drug into my body... and so I had to tell Richard, 'You're gonna have to wear a raincoat', and he had an issue with that. I said, 'It's my life...' I chose me."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single