Condom Request Led to Pam Grier and Richard Pryor's Split
Seventies pin-up Pam Grier and comedian Richard Pryor's doomed 18-month romance ended when he took issue with her requests for him to wear a condom during sex. The actress' doctor told her that cocaine-user Pryor's sperm was harming her body - because it contained traces of the drug.
And he insisted she should demand protected sex. Appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3 to promote her new memoirs, "Foxy: My Life in Three Acts", the Foxy Brown star revealed, "There was an epidemic of a lot of people doing cocaine and it accumulated in the body and often in the prostrate gland and it would come out during your sexual activity, and inside a woman it could harm her."
"(My doctor) said, 'You'll have to ask your mate to wear protection...' It would protect me from getting the drug into my body... and so I had to tell Richard, 'You're gonna have to wear a raincoat', and he had an issue with that. I said, 'It's my life...' I chose me."
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera