Condom Request Led to Pam Grier and Richard Pryor's Split
Seventies pin-up Pam Grier and comedian Richard Pryor's doomed 18-month romance ended when he took issue with her requests for him to wear a condom during sex. The actress' doctor told her that cocaine-user Pryor's sperm was harming her body - because it contained traces of the drug.
And he insisted she should demand protected sex. Appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3 to promote her new memoirs, "Foxy: My Life in Three Acts", the Foxy Brown star revealed, "There was an epidemic of a lot of people doing cocaine and it accumulated in the body and often in the prostrate gland and it would come out during your sexual activity, and inside a woman it could harm her."
"(My doctor) said, 'You'll have to ask your mate to wear protection...' It would protect me from getting the drug into my body... and so I had to tell Richard, 'You're gonna have to wear a raincoat', and he had an issue with that. I said, 'It's my life...' I chose me."
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa