Condom Request Led to Pam Grier and Richard Pryor's Split
Seventies pin-up Pam Grier and comedian Richard Pryor's doomed 18-month romance ended when he took issue with her requests for him to wear a condom during sex. The actress' doctor told her that cocaine-user Pryor's sperm was harming her body - because it contained traces of the drug.
And he insisted she should demand protected sex. Appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Thursday, February 3 to promote her new memoirs, "Foxy: My Life in Three Acts", the Foxy Brown star revealed, "There was an epidemic of a lot of people doing cocaine and it accumulated in the body and often in the prostrate gland and it would come out during your sexual activity, and inside a woman it could harm her."
"(My doctor) said, 'You'll have to ask your mate to wear protection...' It would protect me from getting the drug into my body... and so I had to tell Richard, 'You're gonna have to wear a raincoat', and he had an issue with that. I said, 'It's my life...' I chose me."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App