Oscar Winner Steven Soderbergh Hit With Paternity Lawsuit
Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh has been hit with a paternity lawsuit from an Australian woman who alleges he fathered her daughter. Frances Lawrencina Anderson filed papers in Manhattan, New York on Wednesday, February 2, claiming the "Ocean's Eleven" filmmaker "has acknowledged that he is the father of the child" and has undergone a DNA test to confirm the paternity.
In the suit, Anderson also states Soderbergh helped to cover her medical expenses throughout her pregnancy, right up until the birth of baby Pearl in August 2010. Anderson claims she "had sexual intercourse" with the married director "on many occasions covering a period of time covering all possible dates of conception, including but not limited to December 2009".
Soderbergh spent several months in Sydney, where Anderson lives, directing stage show "Tot Mom". The production ran from December 2009 until February 2010.
Anderson is seeking child support and an official declaration that Soderbergh is the father.
Soderbergh, 48, has been married to writer/journalist Jules Asner since 2003. He has a daughter from his first marriage to Betsy Brantley.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?