Oscar Winner Steven Soderbergh Hit With Paternity Lawsuit
Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh has been hit with a paternity lawsuit from an Australian woman who alleges he fathered her daughter. Frances Lawrencina Anderson filed papers in Manhattan, New York on Wednesday, February 2, claiming the "Ocean's Eleven" filmmaker "has acknowledged that he is the father of the child" and has undergone a DNA test to confirm the paternity.
In the suit, Anderson also states Soderbergh helped to cover her medical expenses throughout her pregnancy, right up until the birth of baby Pearl in August 2010. Anderson claims she "had sexual intercourse" with the married director "on many occasions covering a period of time covering all possible dates of conception, including but not limited to December 2009".
Soderbergh spent several months in Sydney, where Anderson lives, directing stage show "Tot Mom". The production ran from December 2009 until February 2010.
Anderson is seeking child support and an official declaration that Soderbergh is the father.
Soderbergh, 48, has been married to writer/journalist Jules Asner since 2003. He has a daughter from his first marriage to Betsy Brantley.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit