Oscar Winner Steven Soderbergh Hit With Paternity Lawsuit
Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh has been hit with a paternity lawsuit from an Australian woman who alleges he fathered her daughter. Frances Lawrencina Anderson filed papers in Manhattan, New York on Wednesday, February 2, claiming the "Ocean's Eleven" filmmaker "has acknowledged that he is the father of the child" and has undergone a DNA test to confirm the paternity.
In the suit, Anderson also states Soderbergh helped to cover her medical expenses throughout her pregnancy, right up until the birth of baby Pearl in August 2010. Anderson claims she "had sexual intercourse" with the married director "on many occasions covering a period of time covering all possible dates of conception, including but not limited to December 2009".
Soderbergh spent several months in Sydney, where Anderson lives, directing stage show "Tot Mom". The production ran from December 2009 until February 2010.
Anderson is seeking child support and an official declaration that Soderbergh is the father.
Soderbergh, 48, has been married to writer/journalist Jules Asner since 2003. He has a daughter from his first marriage to Betsy Brantley.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'