Son of The Queen's Employee Cast in 'William & Kate'
The actor son of The Queen's chief accountant Sir Alan Reid has joined the cast of the upcoming "William & Kate" TV movie - as Prince William's best pal Guy Pelly. Richard Reid originally auditioned for the role of the prince, but that part went to fellow newcomer Nico Evers-Swindell.
Reid admits he was relieved when he learned he wouldn't be playing the grandson of his father's boss - because he fears he would have had to turn the part down. He explains, "It probably wasn't a role I'd be able to do at the end of the day. I think my dad would have stepped in and put the brakes on it."
Reid admits he has never met Pelly, but he hopes William's pal likes his portrayal: "He sounds like a lot of fun. He's definitely the kind of person I would like to spend a night with drinking."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival