Son of The Queen's Employee Cast in 'William & Kate'
The actor son of The Queen's chief accountant Sir Alan Reid has joined the cast of the upcoming "William & Kate" TV movie - as Prince William's best pal Guy Pelly. Richard Reid originally auditioned for the role of the prince, but that part went to fellow newcomer Nico Evers-Swindell.
Reid admits he was relieved when he learned he wouldn't be playing the grandson of his father's boss - because he fears he would have had to turn the part down. He explains, "It probably wasn't a role I'd be able to do at the end of the day. I think my dad would have stepped in and put the brakes on it."
Reid admits he has never met Pelly, but he hopes William's pal likes his portrayal: "He sounds like a lot of fun. He's definitely the kind of person I would like to spend a night with drinking."
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer