Son of The Queen's Employee Cast in 'William & Kate'
The actor son of The Queen's chief accountant Sir Alan Reid has joined the cast of the upcoming "William & Kate" TV movie - as Prince William's best pal Guy Pelly. Richard Reid originally auditioned for the role of the prince, but that part went to fellow newcomer Nico Evers-Swindell.
Reid admits he was relieved when he learned he wouldn't be playing the grandson of his father's boss - because he fears he would have had to turn the part down. He explains, "It probably wasn't a role I'd be able to do at the end of the day. I think my dad would have stepped in and put the brakes on it."
Reid admits he has never met Pelly, but he hopes William's pal likes his portrayal: "He sounds like a lot of fun. He's definitely the kind of person I would like to spend a night with drinking."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'