Juelz Santana's Out of Town During Police Raid, Rep Says
A representative for Juelz Santana has denied allegations linking the rapper to drugs and guns found during a police raid on his New Jersey recording studio last month, insisting the situation will be "cleared up".
The hip-hop star's Santana's World base was raided by officers from the New Jersey Bergen County Prosecutor's Office and Gang Unit on January 20. His protege Hynief was arrested after a search of the building allegedly turned up two loaded handguns with additional boxes of ammunition and a large stash of marijuana. He was subsequently freed after posting $50,000 bail.
Police tracked down Santana, who was not present during the raid, and took him into custody on Wednesday, February 2. He was hit with a string of counts, including possession of a firearm, possession of a handgun without a permit and possession of a controlled dangerous substance.
But the rapper's publicist, Lynn Hobson, is confident Santana's name will be cleared in due course. Hobson tells AllHipHop.com, "Santana was out of town at the time of Raynor's arrest. We are just looking forward to having this whole situation cleared up."
Santana, real name Laron James, is being held at Bergen County Jail on $125,000 bail. He is expected to walk free on Thursday.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show