Alex James to Host Harvest Music Festival at His Oxfordshire Farm
Blur rocker Alex James has announced plans to launch his own music festival at his farm in Oxfordshire, England. The bassist has long been a fan of countryside pursuits, and even makes his own cheese at his estate.
He is now expanding his business by combining his two passions into a food-themed music festival called Harvest, which will feature performances from artists including KT Tunstall and Steve Earle, as well as cookery workshops, pop-up restaurants and a farmers' market.
James says, "We'll throw open the farm gates for Harvest this September. My family are looking forward to a celebration of all our favourite things - food, the farm and music. What more could we ask for?"
Harvest will take place at James' farm in Kingham, Chipping Norton on September 9-12. The festival is a sister event to a similar one run by TV presenter and farmer Jimmy Doherty at his estate in Suffolk, England.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her