'Last Tango in Paris' Star Maria Schneider Died of Cancer
French actress Maria Schneider has died at the age of 58 after a long illness. Schneider, best known as Marlon Brando's lover in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris", passed away in Paris, France on Thursday, February 3. She had been battling cancer.
The actress, whose dad was French actor Daniel Gelin, was just 19 when she was cast opposite Brando, then 48, in the romantic drama about a young Parisian woman and a middle-aged man who have an affair.
Schneider went on to star with Jack Nicholson in the existential drama "The Passenger", and a string of other films including "Haine" and "Jane Eyre".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service