'Last Tango in Paris' Star Maria Schneider Died of Cancer
French actress Maria Schneider has died at the age of 58 after a long illness. Schneider, best known as Marlon Brando's lover in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris", passed away in Paris, France on Thursday, February 3. She had been battling cancer.
The actress, whose dad was French actor Daniel Gelin, was just 19 when she was cast opposite Brando, then 48, in the romantic drama about a young Parisian woman and a middle-aged man who have an affair.
Schneider went on to star with Jack Nicholson in the existential drama "The Passenger", and a string of other films including "Haine" and "Jane Eyre".
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'