'Last Tango in Paris' Star Maria Schneider Died of Cancer
French actress Maria Schneider has died at the age of 58 after a long illness. Schneider, best known as Marlon Brando's lover in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris", passed away in Paris, France on Thursday, February 3. She had been battling cancer.
The actress, whose dad was French actor Daniel Gelin, was just 19 when she was cast opposite Brando, then 48, in the romantic drama about a young Parisian woman and a middle-aged man who have an affair.
Schneider went on to star with Jack Nicholson in the existential drama "The Passenger", and a string of other films including "Haine" and "Jane Eyre".
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her