'Last Tango in Paris' Star Maria Schneider Died of Cancer
French actress Maria Schneider has died at the age of 58 after a long illness. Schneider, best known as Marlon Brando's lover in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris", passed away in Paris, France on Thursday, February 3. She had been battling cancer.
The actress, whose dad was French actor Daniel Gelin, was just 19 when she was cast opposite Brando, then 48, in the romantic drama about a young Parisian woman and a middle-aged man who have an affair.
Schneider went on to star with Jack Nicholson in the existential drama "The Passenger", and a string of other films including "Haine" and "Jane Eyre".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says