'Last Tango in Paris' Star Maria Schneider Died of Cancer
French actress Maria Schneider has died at the age of 58 after a long illness. Schneider, best known as Marlon Brando's lover in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris", passed away in Paris, France on Thursday, February 3. She had been battling cancer.
The actress, whose dad was French actor Daniel Gelin, was just 19 when she was cast opposite Brando, then 48, in the romantic drama about a young Parisian woman and a middle-aged man who have an affair.
Schneider went on to star with Jack Nicholson in the existential drama "The Passenger", and a string of other films including "Haine" and "Jane Eyre".
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie