'Last Tango in Paris' Star Maria Schneider Died of Cancer
French actress Maria Schneider has died at the age of 58 after a long illness. Schneider, best known as Marlon Brando's lover in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1972 movie "Last Tango in Paris", passed away in Paris, France on Thursday, February 3. She had been battling cancer.
The actress, whose dad was French actor Daniel Gelin, was just 19 when she was cast opposite Brando, then 48, in the romantic drama about a young Parisian woman and a middle-aged man who have an affair.
Schneider went on to star with Jack Nicholson in the existential drama "The Passenger", and a string of other films including "Haine" and "Jane Eyre".
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World