Stevie Wonder Will Be Inducted to Apollo Theater's Hall of Fame
Stevie Wonder is the latest legend to be inducted into the Apollo Theater's Hall of Fame in New York. The "Isn't She Lovely?" hitmaker will be named an Apollo icon in a ceremony in the Big Apple on June 13.
The honor will be a significant one for Wonder - he started his career at the Apollo in 1962 when he was just 12 years old, when he performed as a multi-instrumentalist and was dubbed the Wonder Child. The veteran performer will join a stellar list of former inductees, including Michael Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
According to the Associated Press, the June gala will include a concert and awards ceremony.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service