Stevie Wonder Will Be Inducted to Apollo Theater's Hall of Fame
Stevie Wonder is the latest legend to be inducted into the Apollo Theater's Hall of Fame in New York. The "Isn't She Lovely?" hitmaker will be named an Apollo icon in a ceremony in the Big Apple on June 13.
The honor will be a significant one for Wonder - he started his career at the Apollo in 1962 when he was just 12 years old, when he performed as a multi-instrumentalist and was dubbed the Wonder Child. The veteran performer will join a stellar list of former inductees, including Michael Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
According to the Associated Press, the June gala will include a concert and awards ceremony.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos