Stevie Wonder Will Be Inducted to Apollo Theater's Hall of Fame
Stevie Wonder is the latest legend to be inducted into the Apollo Theater's Hall of Fame in New York. The "Isn't She Lovely?" hitmaker will be named an Apollo icon in a ceremony in the Big Apple on June 13.
The honor will be a significant one for Wonder - he started his career at the Apollo in 1962 when he was just 12 years old, when he performed as a multi-instrumentalist and was dubbed the Wonder Child. The veteran performer will join a stellar list of former inductees, including Michael Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
According to the Associated Press, the June gala will include a concert and awards ceremony.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof