Michael J. Fox to Receive Golden Camera Awards
Michael J. Fox will be presented with a lifetime achievement award at Germany's most prestigious prizegiving later this month. The "Back to the Future" star, who has continued acting while battling debilitating Parkinson's disease since 1991, will receive the honor at the Golden Camera awards in Berlin on February 5.
"Michael J. Fox was always able to make a special contribution to his movie roles using his youthful appearance, boyish charm and humor," the organizers said. "With this award, however, we want to do more than pay tribute to this actor's artistic achievements that have entertained us for decades."
"We want to express our great admiration for the way he continues to fight Parkinson's disease both personally and through the work of his foundation. His work as an actor and the way he lives his life despite this disease demand our utmost respect and praise."
The 46th year of the annual event, which rewards excellence in TV, film and music, will also see John Travolta handed the best actor international trophy.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service