Michael J. Fox to Receive Golden Camera Awards
Michael J. Fox will be presented with a lifetime achievement award at Germany's most prestigious prizegiving later this month. The "Back to the Future" star, who has continued acting while battling debilitating Parkinson's disease since 1991, will receive the honor at the Golden Camera awards in Berlin on February 5.
"Michael J. Fox was always able to make a special contribution to his movie roles using his youthful appearance, boyish charm and humor," the organizers said. "With this award, however, we want to do more than pay tribute to this actor's artistic achievements that have entertained us for decades."
"We want to express our great admiration for the way he continues to fight Parkinson's disease both personally and through the work of his foundation. His work as an actor and the way he lives his life despite this disease demand our utmost respect and praise."
The 46th year of the annual event, which rewards excellence in TV, film and music, will also see John Travolta handed the best actor international trophy.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective