Michael J. Fox to Receive Golden Camera Awards
Michael J. Fox will be presented with a lifetime achievement award at Germany's most prestigious prizegiving later this month. The "Back to the Future" star, who has continued acting while battling debilitating Parkinson's disease since 1991, will receive the honor at the Golden Camera awards in Berlin on February 5.
"Michael J. Fox was always able to make a special contribution to his movie roles using his youthful appearance, boyish charm and humor," the organizers said. "With this award, however, we want to do more than pay tribute to this actor's artistic achievements that have entertained us for decades."
"We want to express our great admiration for the way he continues to fight Parkinson's disease both personally and through the work of his foundation. His work as an actor and the way he lives his life despite this disease demand our utmost respect and praise."
The 46th year of the annual event, which rewards excellence in TV, film and music, will also see John Travolta handed the best actor international trophy.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role