Elton John Wants Rush Limbaugh to Support Gay Marriage
Elton John is convinced he can force outspoken U.S. radio host Rush Limbaugh to relax his stance against gay marriage after performing at his wedding. The British rocker was stunned when Limbaugh invited him to play at the ceremony - because he always thought the hardline conservative was anti-gay.
He tells the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, "I could not believe when I was asked to play. I thought it was a joke. I had dialog with him before and he said, 'I'm not anti-gay, I want you to come, bring (partner) David (Furnish).'"
And now Elton is hoping to use his relationship with Limbaugh to make the top-rated radio star see sense about gay marriage. He adds, "My goal is for Rush to say, 'I support civil partnerships'. If I rang him right now, I think he might agree. He was one of the first people to congratulate us on the baby."
Elton and Furnish became fathers to a baby boy, born via surrogate, at Christmas.
More Elton John News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal