Elton John Wants Rush Limbaugh to Support Gay Marriage
Elton John is convinced he can force outspoken U.S. radio host Rush Limbaugh to relax his stance against gay marriage after performing at his wedding. The British rocker was stunned when Limbaugh invited him to play at the ceremony - because he always thought the hardline conservative was anti-gay.
He tells the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, "I could not believe when I was asked to play. I thought it was a joke. I had dialog with him before and he said, 'I'm not anti-gay, I want you to come, bring (partner) David (Furnish).'"
And now Elton is hoping to use his relationship with Limbaugh to make the top-rated radio star see sense about gay marriage. He adds, "My goal is for Rush to say, 'I support civil partnerships'. If I rang him right now, I think he might agree. He was one of the first people to congratulate us on the baby."
Elton and Furnish became fathers to a baby boy, born via surrogate, at Christmas.
More Elton John News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri