Elton John Wants Rush Limbaugh to Support Gay Marriage
Elton John is convinced he can force outspoken U.S. radio host Rush Limbaugh to relax his stance against gay marriage after performing at his wedding. The British rocker was stunned when Limbaugh invited him to play at the ceremony - because he always thought the hardline conservative was anti-gay.
He tells the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, "I could not believe when I was asked to play. I thought it was a joke. I had dialog with him before and he said, 'I'm not anti-gay, I want you to come, bring (partner) David (Furnish).'"
And now Elton is hoping to use his relationship with Limbaugh to make the top-rated radio star see sense about gay marriage. He adds, "My goal is for Rush to say, 'I support civil partnerships'. If I rang him right now, I think he might agree. He was one of the first people to congratulate us on the baby."
Elton and Furnish became fathers to a baby boy, born via surrogate, at Christmas.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'