Charlie Sheen Breaks Silence, Thanking Fans and TV Show
Charlie Sheen has broken his silence following his hospital stay and decision to check into rehab, insisting he has "a lot of work to do" to win back his fans' favor. The actor was hospitalized at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles last week after a wild night of partying.
Sheen was treated for a hernia and released only to check into a rehab-at-home program on Saturday, January 29. Despite all the swirling rumors about his dalliance with porn stars and his alleged intake of booze and drugs, the actor has refused to speak out - until now.
A statement from him reads, "I have a lot of work to do to be able to return the support I have received from so many people. To my fans, your good wishes have touched me very much. Like Errol Flynn, who had to put down his sword on occasion, I just want to say, 'thank-you'."
And Sheen has also thanked the cast and crew of his hit TV sitcom, "Two and a Half Men", which has been put on hiatus to enable the actor to clean up his act. He adds, "I want to say 'thank-you' to my fellow cast members, the crew of (TV show) Two & A Half Men, and everyone at CBS and Warner Bros... for their concern and support."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics