Jeffrey Donovan Escapes Jail in DUI Case
Actor Jeffrey Donovan avoided a jail stint on Wednesday, February 2 after striking a plea deal over a 2009 DUI arrest. Donovan, the star of U.S. TV series "Burn Notice", was busted by police in Miami Beach, Florida in July, 2009 after he was forced to swerve his vehicle to avoid crashing into a stationary cop car.
He told the arresting officer, "Sorry, I didn't see the red light or your stopped car." He failed a sobriety test, but insisted, "I really think I'm only borderline and not too drunk... The only mistake I made tonight was drinking (allergy medicine) Benadryl with three glasses of wine."
The actor faced up to six months behind bars for the offense - but he recently agreed to plead guilty to a lesser charge of reckless driving, in exchange for a more lenient sentence. Donovan will instead be placed on probation for six months and pay over $1,000 in fines, reports TMZ.com.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign