Jeffrey Donovan Escapes Jail in DUI Case
Actor Jeffrey Donovan avoided a jail stint on Wednesday, February 2 after striking a plea deal over a 2009 DUI arrest. Donovan, the star of U.S. TV series "Burn Notice", was busted by police in Miami Beach, Florida in July, 2009 after he was forced to swerve his vehicle to avoid crashing into a stationary cop car.
He told the arresting officer, "Sorry, I didn't see the red light or your stopped car." He failed a sobriety test, but insisted, "I really think I'm only borderline and not too drunk... The only mistake I made tonight was drinking (allergy medicine) Benadryl with three glasses of wine."
The actor faced up to six months behind bars for the offense - but he recently agreed to plead guilty to a lesser charge of reckless driving, in exchange for a more lenient sentence. Donovan will instead be placed on probation for six months and pay over $1,000 in fines, reports TMZ.com.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video