Jeffrey Donovan Escapes Jail in DUI Case
Actor Jeffrey Donovan avoided a jail stint on Wednesday, February 2 after striking a plea deal over a 2009 DUI arrest. Donovan, the star of U.S. TV series "Burn Notice", was busted by police in Miami Beach, Florida in July, 2009 after he was forced to swerve his vehicle to avoid crashing into a stationary cop car.
He told the arresting officer, "Sorry, I didn't see the red light or your stopped car." He failed a sobriety test, but insisted, "I really think I'm only borderline and not too drunk... The only mistake I made tonight was drinking (allergy medicine) Benadryl with three glasses of wine."
The actor faced up to six months behind bars for the offense - but he recently agreed to plead guilty to a lesser charge of reckless driving, in exchange for a more lenient sentence. Donovan will instead be placed on probation for six months and pay over $1,000 in fines, reports TMZ.com.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip