David Blaine's Girlfriend Gave Birth During Blizzard
Celebrity illusionist David Blaine has become a first-time father after a nervous dash to hospital in the snow when his fiancee went into labor during a blizzard. The magician's partner, French model Alizee Guinochet, began experiencing contractions last Wednesday, January 26 night just as heavy snow fell on their home in New York City.
The couple headed out into the street in an attempt to hail a cab, but after failing to find a taxi, Blaine flagged down a passing snowplough and asked the driver to take them to a hospital. A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "The doorman and people on the street tried to help him flag down a taxi. But there were absolutely no cars on the road."
A representative for the couple has confirmed they were taken to a nearby medical center on a snowplough and revealed Guinochet gave birth to a healthy baby girl by the end of the night. The tot's name has yet to be announced but the rep says, "Mom and baby are doing fine."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says