Cyndi Lauper Has Family Featuring in All Her Music Videos
Pop star Cyndi Lauper ensures her music videos are a family affair - she has been casting her relatives in her promos since the start of her career. The singer reveals at least one member of the Lauper clan features in each of her big hit promos, starting with her mother Catrine in 1983's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".
She says, "My mum is in all of my videos. That was my mother in 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. That was my mother in 'Time After Time'. That was my mother, my Aunt Grace, my Aunt May and my Aunt Helen."
"When I became famous, I wanted to include all of my friends and family so in the scrapbooks later I would see my family, I would see my brother sleeping in the train station in 'Time After Time'."
More Cyndi Lauper News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'