Cyndi Lauper Has Family Featuring in All Her Music Videos
Pop star Cyndi Lauper ensures her music videos are a family affair - she has been casting her relatives in her promos since the start of her career. The singer reveals at least one member of the Lauper clan features in each of her big hit promos, starting with her mother Catrine in 1983's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".
She says, "My mum is in all of my videos. That was my mother in 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. That was my mother in 'Time After Time'. That was my mother, my Aunt Grace, my Aunt May and my Aunt Helen."
"When I became famous, I wanted to include all of my friends and family so in the scrapbooks later I would see my family, I would see my brother sleeping in the train station in 'Time After Time'."
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments