Cyndi Lauper Has Family Featuring in All Her Music Videos
Pop star Cyndi Lauper ensures her music videos are a family affair - she has been casting her relatives in her promos since the start of her career. The singer reveals at least one member of the Lauper clan features in each of her big hit promos, starting with her mother Catrine in 1983's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".
She says, "My mum is in all of my videos. That was my mother in 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. That was my mother in 'Time After Time'. That was my mother, my Aunt Grace, my Aunt May and my Aunt Helen."
"When I became famous, I wanted to include all of my friends and family so in the scrapbooks later I would see my family, I would see my brother sleeping in the train station in 'Time After Time'."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation