'The Kennedys' Finds Home at ReelzChannel
Katie Holmes' "The Kennedys" mini-series has found a U.S. home after bosses at the History Channel axed the project. TV chiefs opted not to run the $30 million series about the political dynasty last month, insisting the finished product was not "a fit" for the History Channel.
Politician Robert F. Kennedy waded into the controversy, insisting the series was historically inaccurate. Producers have been trying to find a new home for the project and now it looks as if cable network bosses at ReelzChannel have come to the rescue. They hope to premiere the series on April 3. Holmes portrays Jackie Kennedy in the project, while Greg Kinnear plays doomed President John F. Kennedy.
ReelzChannel CEO Stan Hubbard tells The Hollywood Reporter, "One of the benefits of being an independent network is that you can be an independent voice and you don't have to worry about corporate pressure or political pressure. This is a project that deserves to be seen."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs