'The Kennedys' Finds Home at ReelzChannel
Katie Holmes' "The Kennedys" mini-series has found a U.S. home after bosses at the History Channel axed the project. TV chiefs opted not to run the $30 million series about the political dynasty last month, insisting the finished product was not "a fit" for the History Channel.
Politician Robert F. Kennedy waded into the controversy, insisting the series was historically inaccurate. Producers have been trying to find a new home for the project and now it looks as if cable network bosses at ReelzChannel have come to the rescue. They hope to premiere the series on April 3. Holmes portrays Jackie Kennedy in the project, while Greg Kinnear plays doomed President John F. Kennedy.
ReelzChannel CEO Stan Hubbard tells The Hollywood Reporter, "One of the benefits of being an independent network is that you can be an independent voice and you don't have to worry about corporate pressure or political pressure. This is a project that deserves to be seen."
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified
- Scott Gimple Teases Rick's Death in 'The Walking Dead' Season 8