'The Kennedys' Finds Home at ReelzChannel
Katie Holmes' "The Kennedys" mini-series has found a U.S. home after bosses at the History Channel axed the project. TV chiefs opted not to run the $30 million series about the political dynasty last month, insisting the finished product was not "a fit" for the History Channel.
Politician Robert F. Kennedy waded into the controversy, insisting the series was historically inaccurate. Producers have been trying to find a new home for the project and now it looks as if cable network bosses at ReelzChannel have come to the rescue. They hope to premiere the series on April 3. Holmes portrays Jackie Kennedy in the project, while Greg Kinnear plays doomed President John F. Kennedy.
ReelzChannel CEO Stan Hubbard tells The Hollywood Reporter, "One of the benefits of being an independent network is that you can be an independent voice and you don't have to worry about corporate pressure or political pressure. This is a project that deserves to be seen."
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards