'The Kennedys' Finds Home at ReelzChannel
Katie Holmes' "The Kennedys" mini-series has found a U.S. home after bosses at the History Channel axed the project. TV chiefs opted not to run the $30 million series about the political dynasty last month, insisting the finished product was not "a fit" for the History Channel.
Politician Robert F. Kennedy waded into the controversy, insisting the series was historically inaccurate. Producers have been trying to find a new home for the project and now it looks as if cable network bosses at ReelzChannel have come to the rescue. They hope to premiere the series on April 3. Holmes portrays Jackie Kennedy in the project, while Greg Kinnear plays doomed President John F. Kennedy.
ReelzChannel CEO Stan Hubbard tells The Hollywood Reporter, "One of the benefits of being an independent network is that you can be an independent voice and you don't have to worry about corporate pressure or political pressure. This is a project that deserves to be seen."
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene