'The Kennedys' Finds Home at ReelzChannel
Katie Holmes' "The Kennedys" mini-series has found a U.S. home after bosses at the History Channel axed the project. TV chiefs opted not to run the $30 million series about the political dynasty last month, insisting the finished product was not "a fit" for the History Channel.
Politician Robert F. Kennedy waded into the controversy, insisting the series was historically inaccurate. Producers have been trying to find a new home for the project and now it looks as if cable network bosses at ReelzChannel have come to the rescue. They hope to premiere the series on April 3. Holmes portrays Jackie Kennedy in the project, while Greg Kinnear plays doomed President John F. Kennedy.
ReelzChannel CEO Stan Hubbard tells The Hollywood Reporter, "One of the benefits of being an independent network is that you can be an independent voice and you don't have to worry about corporate pressure or political pressure. This is a project that deserves to be seen."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion