Gabriel Aubry Says Halle Berry's Allegations Are 'Untrue and Irresponsible'
Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend has issued a statement about his custody battle over the former couple's daughter Nahla. Model-turned-restaurateur Gabriel Aubry and the actress split last year and recently entered into a bitter legal battle over their three year old.
Berry has hinted that she worries about her daughter when she's in the Canadian's care, while the sexy hunk has fired back with claims his ex disappeared for days at a time while he was on set with her and his daughter in London and South Africa while the actress was shooting a movie. The battle has become so bitter that Berry has pulled out of comedy movie "New Year's Eve" to focus all her attention on the custody fight.
And now Aubry has released an official comment via his representative at Wilhelmina Models. The statement sent to Access Hollywood reads, "While Gabriel is disappointed in Halle's decision to falsely malign him publicly and for her own purposes, he refuses to be pulled into her dispute over a canceled film production."
"Gabriel also refuses to air their issues in the press as he believes this may ultimately harm their daughter. The fact is that Gabriel is a caring father who shares custody of Nahla. Gabriel fully believes that a consistent and balanced living situation and two loving parents are crucial for their child even if Ms. Berry feels otherwise. He will always defend his rights as a father and will always consider Nahla's best interest. Halle's continuing allegations in the press are untrue and irresponsible."
Berry's representative previously issued a statement, confirming the actress "was forced to pull out of a film production in New York... due to pending custody litigation involving her daughter. "She has attempted to resolve these custody issues amicably with her daughter's father, Gabriel Aubry, directly, but given his lack of co-operation, Halle has no choice but to seek swift judicial intervention."
"Halle has serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time and is prepared to take all necessary steps to protect her. Halle has always made the needs and safety of her daughter her first priority and, both while Halle and Gabriel were a couple and since their break-up, Halle has only acted in her daughter's best interest."
In December 2010, Aubry filed paperwork in Los Angeles, asking a judge to formally recognize him as the father of Nahla.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri