Cameron Diaz and Colin Firth Tapped for 'Gambit' Remake
The Coen Brothers have reportedly recruited Cameron Diaz and Oscars Best Actor favorite Colin Firth for a remake of 1966 film "Gambit". The Coens will write and produce the revamp, while "The Last Station" 's Michael Hoffman will direct.
According to Deadline.com, Firth will take on Michael Caine's role as an art conman, while Diaz will play his sidekick - a role originally played by Shirley Maclaine. Shooting starts in London in May.
Cameron Diaz was last seen in "The Green Hornet" with Seth Rogen and Jay Cho, while Colin Firth was in "The King's Speech" with Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter.
More Gambit News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special