Jane Fonda and Her Wrinkles Appear on Magazine Cover
Jane Fonda has shunned airbrushing for her latest magazine photoshoot to show fans she isn't "perfect". The veteran actress appears on the cover of the latest issue of Good Housekeeping, and she asked for the pictures not to be digitally enhanced.
Fonda, 73, admits she worries younger women are comparing themselves to impossible standards of beauty and hopes she can help in some way. She says, "I feel so sorry for these young actresses coming up."
"There are always photographers everywhere, if they have a dimple in their buttock, there's a close-up of it in some gossip magazine. So there's this cult of perfection. Consequently all the young people who emulate celebrities think they have to look perfect and that's so destructive."
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2