Christina Milian and The-Dream Fight Over Justin Bieber
Christina Milian and The-Dream are heading back to court to fight over the rights to Justin Bieber's hit song "Baby", just months after agreeing to a "peaceful" divorce settlement. The singer/producer filed for divorce just nine days before Milian gave birth to their first child, daughter Violet, last February, insisting the relationship was "irretrievably broken".
They avoided an ugly legal battle by agreeing to an amicable divorce settlement last November. A lawyer for Milian said at the time, "Ms. Milian strongly believes that peaceful resolution is better for their child and that (sic) she is very pleased with the settlement and that it was accomplished out of court."
However, according to documents filed at a court in Atlanta, Georgia, and obtained by TMZ.com, Milian wants to re-negotiate the settlement to receive more financial support. The website reports she is also requesting a greater percentage of the royalties from Bieber's huge worldwide hit, which The-Dream and Milian co-wrote with other writers.
According to TMZ, Milian already received 10 per cent of The-Dream's publishing rights in the original settlement.
More Christina Milian News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them