Christina Milian and The-Dream Fight Over Justin Bieber
Christina Milian and The-Dream are heading back to court to fight over the rights to Justin Bieber's hit song "Baby", just months after agreeing to a "peaceful" divorce settlement. The singer/producer filed for divorce just nine days before Milian gave birth to their first child, daughter Violet, last February, insisting the relationship was "irretrievably broken".
They avoided an ugly legal battle by agreeing to an amicable divorce settlement last November. A lawyer for Milian said at the time, "Ms. Milian strongly believes that peaceful resolution is better for their child and that (sic) she is very pleased with the settlement and that it was accomplished out of court."
However, according to documents filed at a court in Atlanta, Georgia, and obtained by TMZ.com, Milian wants to re-negotiate the settlement to receive more financial support. The website reports she is also requesting a greater percentage of the royalties from Bieber's huge worldwide hit, which The-Dream and Milian co-wrote with other writers.
According to TMZ, Milian already received 10 per cent of The-Dream's publishing rights in the original settlement.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip