Adele Scared to Be as Famous as Lady GaGa
Soul sensation Adele prays she never becomes as famous as Lady GaGa or Katy Perry, because she doesn't want to be trailed by overzealous fans. The British singer has just scored her second number one album in the U.K. and Europe with 21, the follow-up to her Grammy-winning debut "19", and she is quickly becoming successful across the globe.
But Adele admits her growing popularity means she's started to attract the attention of strange devotees - and a run-in with one creepy fan left her grateful she's not as recognizable as her U.S. counterparts. She tells Britain's The Sun, "The other day I was up north (in the north of England) and there were these - well, I don't think they were fans actually, they were like eBayers."
"I'd be at the venue, they'd be there. I'd leave the venue and they'd be there. Then they started taking pictures of my dog doing a s**t and stuff like that. It was really weird. I was on my own taking (my dog) Louis out for a walk. One of them just got in the lift with me and I got really panicky."
"Luckily there was a cleaner on the floor I was on. I was just thinking, imagine being someone like Cheryl Cole or Katy Perry or GaGa, where you've got to be conniving to have a normal day. That scares the life out of me. I don't think I'd be able to carry on doing music if it got to that point. I don't think it ever will - I don't think I'm the kind of artist where that will happen."
More Adele News
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title