Adele Scared to Be as Famous as Lady GaGa
Soul sensation Adele prays she never becomes as famous as Lady GaGa or Katy Perry, because she doesn't want to be trailed by overzealous fans. The British singer has just scored her second number one album in the U.K. and Europe with 21, the follow-up to her Grammy-winning debut "19", and she is quickly becoming successful across the globe.
But Adele admits her growing popularity means she's started to attract the attention of strange devotees - and a run-in with one creepy fan left her grateful she's not as recognizable as her U.S. counterparts. She tells Britain's The Sun, "The other day I was up north (in the north of England) and there were these - well, I don't think they were fans actually, they were like eBayers."
"I'd be at the venue, they'd be there. I'd leave the venue and they'd be there. Then they started taking pictures of my dog doing a s**t and stuff like that. It was really weird. I was on my own taking (my dog) Louis out for a walk. One of them just got in the lift with me and I got really panicky."
"Luckily there was a cleaner on the floor I was on. I was just thinking, imagine being someone like Cheryl Cole or Katy Perry or GaGa, where you've got to be conniving to have a normal day. That scares the life out of me. I don't think I'd be able to carry on doing music if it got to that point. I don't think it ever will - I don't think I'm the kind of artist where that will happen."
More Adele News
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors