Tyler Perry Takes Titular Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Actor/director Tyler Perry has signed up to play famed fictional sleuth Dr. Alex Cross in a new movie. The character, created in James Patterson's crime novels, has been immortalized on the big screen by Morgan Freeman, who played the role in 1997's "Kiss the Girls" and 2001's "Along Came a Spider".
Perry has now agreed to take Freeman's place in a new film, which will be helmed by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" director Rob Cohen. The movie is reportedly titled, "I, Alex Cross".
British actor Idris Elba had previously signed up to play Cross in a different adaptation, which is currently on hold, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger