Tyler Perry Takes Titular Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Actor/director Tyler Perry has signed up to play famed fictional sleuth Dr. Alex Cross in a new movie. The character, created in James Patterson's crime novels, has been immortalized on the big screen by Morgan Freeman, who played the role in 1997's "Kiss the Girls" and 2001's "Along Came a Spider".
Perry has now agreed to take Freeman's place in a new film, which will be helmed by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" director Rob Cohen. The movie is reportedly titled, "I, Alex Cross".
British actor Idris Elba had previously signed up to play Cross in a different adaptation, which is currently on hold, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots