Tyler Perry Takes Titular Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Actor/director Tyler Perry has signed up to play famed fictional sleuth Dr. Alex Cross in a new movie. The character, created in James Patterson's crime novels, has been immortalized on the big screen by Morgan Freeman, who played the role in 1997's "Kiss the Girls" and 2001's "Along Came a Spider".
Perry has now agreed to take Freeman's place in a new film, which will be helmed by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" director Rob Cohen. The movie is reportedly titled, "I, Alex Cross".
British actor Idris Elba had previously signed up to play Cross in a different adaptation, which is currently on hold, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz