Tyler Perry Takes Titular Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Actor/director Tyler Perry has signed up to play famed fictional sleuth Dr. Alex Cross in a new movie. The character, created in James Patterson's crime novels, has been immortalized on the big screen by Morgan Freeman, who played the role in 1997's "Kiss the Girls" and 2001's "Along Came a Spider".
Perry has now agreed to take Freeman's place in a new film, which will be helmed by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" director Rob Cohen. The movie is reportedly titled, "I, Alex Cross".
British actor Idris Elba had previously signed up to play Cross in a different adaptation, which is currently on hold, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7