Tyler Perry Takes Titular Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Actor/director Tyler Perry has signed up to play famed fictional sleuth Dr. Alex Cross in a new movie. The character, created in James Patterson's crime novels, has been immortalized on the big screen by Morgan Freeman, who played the role in 1997's "Kiss the Girls" and 2001's "Along Came a Spider".
Perry has now agreed to take Freeman's place in a new film, which will be helmed by "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" director Rob Cohen. The movie is reportedly titled, "I, Alex Cross".
British actor Idris Elba had previously signed up to play Cross in a different adaptation, which is currently on hold, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media