Bret Michaels' Blood Pressure Dropped After Surgery, But He's Fine
Poison frontman Bret Michaels faced another health scare on Friday, January 28 when his blood pressure dropped to dangerously low levels just days after he had heart surgery. The rocker underwent an operation to repair a hole in his heart last week, months after doctors discovered the condition as they treated him for a near-fatal brain hemorrhage.
The surgery at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona was hailed a success and Michaels was discharged on Wednesday, January 26 to continue his recovery at home. Now it has been revealed the star's blood pressure plunged just two days later.
According to People.com, tests showed that the drop in blood pressure was due to dehydration and exhaustion rather than stemming directly from the operation. Dr. Mansour Assar tells the website, "Bret suffered no setbacks and is fine. It's always good for patients to be evaluated when they're not feeling well."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!