Bret Michaels' Blood Pressure Dropped After Surgery, But He's Fine
Poison frontman Bret Michaels faced another health scare on Friday, January 28 when his blood pressure dropped to dangerously low levels just days after he had heart surgery. The rocker underwent an operation to repair a hole in his heart last week, months after doctors discovered the condition as they treated him for a near-fatal brain hemorrhage.
The surgery at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona was hailed a success and Michaels was discharged on Wednesday, January 26 to continue his recovery at home. Now it has been revealed the star's blood pressure plunged just two days later.
According to People.com, tests showed that the drop in blood pressure was due to dehydration and exhaustion rather than stemming directly from the operation. Dr. Mansour Assar tells the website, "Bret suffered no setbacks and is fine. It's always good for patients to be evaluated when they're not feeling well."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby