Bret Michaels' Blood Pressure Dropped After Surgery, But He's Fine
Poison frontman Bret Michaels faced another health scare on Friday, January 28 when his blood pressure dropped to dangerously low levels just days after he had heart surgery. The rocker underwent an operation to repair a hole in his heart last week, months after doctors discovered the condition as they treated him for a near-fatal brain hemorrhage.
The surgery at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona was hailed a success and Michaels was discharged on Wednesday, January 26 to continue his recovery at home. Now it has been revealed the star's blood pressure plunged just two days later.
According to People.com, tests showed that the drop in blood pressure was due to dehydration and exhaustion rather than stemming directly from the operation. Dr. Mansour Assar tells the website, "Bret suffered no setbacks and is fine. It's always good for patients to be evaluated when they're not feeling well."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris