John Lydon: Jay-Z Is Nonsense
Punk rocker John Lydon has launched a scathing attack on Jay-Z, dismissing the rap superstar's work as a "parody". The former Sex Pistols frontman insists he is no fan of the hip-hop mogul and has no interest in reading Jay-Z's book Decoded, which will compete against the singer's own tome Mr Rotten's Scrapbook for Best Book at the U.K.'s upcoming NME Awards.
He tells NME.com, "I'm afraid what he does is parody to me. Jay-Z's just nonsense." However, Lydon concedes he's passing judgement blindly because he's yet to come face-to-face with the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker. He adds: "I've never met him."
John Lydon's "Mr Rotten's Scrapbook" and Jigga's Decode are competing against Carl Barat's "Threepenny Memoir", Keith Richards' "Life" and Russell Brand's "My Booky Wook 2".
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army