Paul McCartney Working on Secret Surf Movie
Sir Paul McCartney is working on a secret surf movie with the Aussie who taught Iggy Pop how to hang 10. The former Beatle befriended Jack McCoy over lunch after the surfing pioneer asked McCartney for permission to use his "Fireman" song "This Is Love" in his new film "A Deeper Shade of Blue".
And now McCartney wants to create a breathtaking visual to his music, using McCoy's underwater jet ski filming techniques. Speaking at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival in California at the weekend, McCoy tells WENN, "Paul happened to have seen the film and liked it. The next thing I know I'm flying to London from Sydney to have a two-hour lunch with him."
"He couldn't have been nicer. We're now in the negotiating stages on another possible collaboration with my surfing footage and Paul's music." And McCartney might even get a few surf lessons out of the deal. McCoy adds, "I live in Palm Beach in Sydney which is like Waikiki Beach (in Oahu, Hawaii); it's a very gentle wave. All the stars come through and I'm the resident teacher of the surf school. I taught Iggy Pop. This was in Mexico and he did OK. We got him up and going. He's in really good shape; it takes a bit of balance but he did really good."
More Paul McCartney News
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13