Anthony Hopkins Scraps Memoirs Because Not Interested in His Life
Sir Anthony Hopkins has abandoned plans to write his autobiography - because he finds his life story boring. The Oscar-winning actor, 73, agreed a deal for his memoirs and was even sent an advance fee from the publishers.
He began work the book but soon became convinced it was "c**p" - so he scrapped the project and sent the money back to the unnamed publishing house. The "Silence of the Lambs" star tells Britain's Seven magazine, "Well, I started it but I sent the check back. Some publishing house. I told my agent I can't be doing with all this stuff. Who's interested in someone else's life?... I'm not interested in my own life."
"Well, you get self-conscious about it, don't you. I started writing and I thought: 'Who the hell wants to read this c**p?' "
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift