Anthony Hopkins Scraps Memoirs Because Not Interested in His Life
Sir Anthony Hopkins has abandoned plans to write his autobiography - because he finds his life story boring. The Oscar-winning actor, 73, agreed a deal for his memoirs and was even sent an advance fee from the publishers.
He began work the book but soon became convinced it was "c**p" - so he scrapped the project and sent the money back to the unnamed publishing house. The "Silence of the Lambs" star tells Britain's Seven magazine, "Well, I started it but I sent the check back. Some publishing house. I told my agent I can't be doing with all this stuff. Who's interested in someone else's life?... I'm not interested in my own life."
"Well, you get self-conscious about it, don't you. I started writing and I thought: 'Who the hell wants to read this c**p?' "
More Anthony Hopkins News
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap