Anthony Hopkins Scraps Memoirs Because Not Interested in His Life
Sir Anthony Hopkins has abandoned plans to write his autobiography - because he finds his life story boring. The Oscar-winning actor, 73, agreed a deal for his memoirs and was even sent an advance fee from the publishers.
He began work the book but soon became convinced it was "c**p" - so he scrapped the project and sent the money back to the unnamed publishing house. The "Silence of the Lambs" star tells Britain's Seven magazine, "Well, I started it but I sent the check back. Some publishing house. I told my agent I can't be doing with all this stuff. Who's interested in someone else's life?... I'm not interested in my own life."
"Well, you get self-conscious about it, don't you. I started writing and I thought: 'Who the hell wants to read this c**p?' "
More Anthony Hopkins News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2