Anthony Hopkins Scraps Memoirs Because Not Interested in His Life
Sir Anthony Hopkins has abandoned plans to write his autobiography - because he finds his life story boring. The Oscar-winning actor, 73, agreed a deal for his memoirs and was even sent an advance fee from the publishers.
He began work the book but soon became convinced it was "c**p" - so he scrapped the project and sent the money back to the unnamed publishing house. The "Silence of the Lambs" star tells Britain's Seven magazine, "Well, I started it but I sent the check back. Some publishing house. I told my agent I can't be doing with all this stuff. Who's interested in someone else's life?... I'm not interested in my own life."
"Well, you get self-conscious about it, don't you. I started writing and I thought: 'Who the hell wants to read this c**p?' "
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy