Anthony Hopkins Scraps Memoirs Because Not Interested in His Life
Sir Anthony Hopkins has abandoned plans to write his autobiography - because he finds his life story boring. The Oscar-winning actor, 73, agreed a deal for his memoirs and was even sent an advance fee from the publishers.
He began work the book but soon became convinced it was "c**p" - so he scrapped the project and sent the money back to the unnamed publishing house. The "Silence of the Lambs" star tells Britain's Seven magazine, "Well, I started it but I sent the check back. Some publishing house. I told my agent I can't be doing with all this stuff. Who's interested in someone else's life?... I'm not interested in my own life."
"Well, you get self-conscious about it, don't you. I started writing and I thought: 'Who the hell wants to read this c**p?' "
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges