Adele's '21' Is Highest-Selling U.K. Album of the Year
British singer Adele is at the top of the U.K. albums chart after scoring the year's highest records sales so far with "21". The hitmaker sold 208,000 copies of the album in its first week of release.
She also recorded the biggest January album sales in five years, since the Arctic Monkeys sold 363,000 copies of their 2006 debut "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not". Following Adele in the rundown is Bruno Mars, whose "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" came in at two. Rihanna's "Loud", Adele's "19" and Cee-Lo Green's "The Lady Killer" round out the top five respectively.
But it was Ke$ha who topped the British singles chart with "We R Who We R", followed by Bruno Mars' "Grenade" at two. Adele came in at three with "Rolling in the Deep", while Diddy-Dirty Money's "Coming Home" and Chase & Status' "Blind" (feat. Liam Bailey) rounded out the top five.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic