Adele's '21' Is Highest-Selling U.K. Album of the Year
British singer Adele is at the top of the U.K. albums chart after scoring the year's highest records sales so far with "21". The hitmaker sold 208,000 copies of the album in its first week of release.
She also recorded the biggest January album sales in five years, since the Arctic Monkeys sold 363,000 copies of their 2006 debut "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not". Following Adele in the rundown is Bruno Mars, whose "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" came in at two. Rihanna's "Loud", Adele's "19" and Cee-Lo Green's "The Lady Killer" round out the top five respectively.
But it was Ke$ha who topped the British singles chart with "We R Who We R", followed by Bruno Mars' "Grenade" at two. Adele came in at three with "Rolling in the Deep", while Diddy-Dirty Money's "Coming Home" and Chase & Status' "Blind" (feat. Liam Bailey) rounded out the top five.
More Adele News
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her