Adele's '21' Is Highest-Selling U.K. Album of the Year
British singer Adele is at the top of the U.K. albums chart after scoring the year's highest records sales so far with "21". The hitmaker sold 208,000 copies of the album in its first week of release.
She also recorded the biggest January album sales in five years, since the Arctic Monkeys sold 363,000 copies of their 2006 debut "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not". Following Adele in the rundown is Bruno Mars, whose "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" came in at two. Rihanna's "Loud", Adele's "19" and Cee-Lo Green's "The Lady Killer" round out the top five respectively.
But it was Ke$ha who topped the British singles chart with "We R Who We R", followed by Bruno Mars' "Grenade" at two. Adele came in at three with "Rolling in the Deep", while Diddy-Dirty Money's "Coming Home" and Chase & Status' "Blind" (feat. Liam Bailey) rounded out the top five.
More Adele News
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat