Adele's '21' Is Highest-Selling U.K. Album of the Year
British singer Adele is at the top of the U.K. albums chart after scoring the year's highest records sales so far with "21". The hitmaker sold 208,000 copies of the album in its first week of release.
She also recorded the biggest January album sales in five years, since the Arctic Monkeys sold 363,000 copies of their 2006 debut "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not". Following Adele in the rundown is Bruno Mars, whose "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" came in at two. Rihanna's "Loud", Adele's "19" and Cee-Lo Green's "The Lady Killer" round out the top five respectively.
But it was Ke$ha who topped the British singles chart with "We R Who We R", followed by Bruno Mars' "Grenade" at two. Adele came in at three with "Rolling in the Deep", while Diddy-Dirty Money's "Coming Home" and Chase & Status' "Blind" (feat. Liam Bailey) rounded out the top five.
More Adele News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri