Adele's '21' Is Highest-Selling U.K. Album of the Year
British singer Adele is at the top of the U.K. albums chart after scoring the year's highest records sales so far with "21". The hitmaker sold 208,000 copies of the album in its first week of release.
She also recorded the biggest January album sales in five years, since the Arctic Monkeys sold 363,000 copies of their 2006 debut "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not". Following Adele in the rundown is Bruno Mars, whose "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" came in at two. Rihanna's "Loud", Adele's "19" and Cee-Lo Green's "The Lady Killer" round out the top five respectively.
But it was Ke$ha who topped the British singles chart with "We R Who We R", followed by Bruno Mars' "Grenade" at two. Adele came in at three with "Rolling in the Deep", while Diddy-Dirty Money's "Coming Home" and Chase & Status' "Blind" (feat. Liam Bailey) rounded out the top five.
More Adele News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set