Chris Brown's Grammys No-Show Not Because of Rihanna
Chris Brown's representative has dismissed reports the star's lawyer asked a judge to relax a restraining order against him so he can attend the upcoming Grammy Awards at the same time as his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. Brown has been working on rebuilding his reputation since a violent 2009 bust up with the Bajan beauty, his then-girlfriend, following a pre-Grammys party.
The altercation left him with an assault conviction and he was handed five years probation, six months of community service and ordered to take a series of domestic violence counsellings classes. He was also told to stay away from Rihanna. He has now completed the 52-week domestic violence program and no longer has to undergo progress reports every three months.
On Friday, January 28, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg congratulated Brown on his progress, and took into consideration his lawyer's request to have the rules of a protective order to stay away from Rihanna relaxed. A decision was not made as a legal representative for the "Umbrella" beauty could not be reached in time, according to TMZ.com.
But Brown's publicist has moved swiftly to deny claims the singer wanted the ban relaxed so he can go to the Grammys in February without running the risk of breaking the restraining order. The spokesperson tells TMZ.com, "This court date and the lifting of the restraining order is part of the planned ongoing legal proceedings. The date was scheduled months ago. Chris Brown is very thankful for his Grammy nominations, but due to scheduling conflicts, he will not be attending the Grammys."
More Chris Brown News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?