House Where Brittany Murphy and Husband Died Is for Sale
The Hollywood Hills home where Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack died within months of each other is set to be sold at auction on Monday, January 31 morning. The "Clueless" star died suddenly in December, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her California residence.
Murphy's devastated mother Sharon, who lived with the couple at the mansion, put the house on the market in March 2010 - only to remove it from sale a month later. The family was hit with another tragedy when Murphy's husband Monjack passed away weeks later in May. Bizarrely, both husband and wife died of pneumonia combined with anemia.
Now Sharon Murphy has decided to move away from the bad memories and is set to put the house under the hammer in an auction at a courthouse in Pomona, California. According to TMZ.com, court documents show there is still over $4 million owed on the house, which fetched an asking price of $7.25 million last year.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle