House Where Brittany Murphy and Husband Died Is for Sale
The Hollywood Hills home where Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack died within months of each other is set to be sold at auction on Monday, January 31 morning. The "Clueless" star died suddenly in December, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her California residence.
Murphy's devastated mother Sharon, who lived with the couple at the mansion, put the house on the market in March 2010 - only to remove it from sale a month later. The family was hit with another tragedy when Murphy's husband Monjack passed away weeks later in May. Bizarrely, both husband and wife died of pneumonia combined with anemia.
Now Sharon Murphy has decided to move away from the bad memories and is set to put the house under the hammer in an auction at a courthouse in Pomona, California. According to TMZ.com, court documents show there is still over $4 million owed on the house, which fetched an asking price of $7.25 million last year.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March