House Where Brittany Murphy and Husband Died Is for Sale
The Hollywood Hills home where Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack died within months of each other is set to be sold at auction on Monday, January 31 morning. The "Clueless" star died suddenly in December, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her California residence.
Murphy's devastated mother Sharon, who lived with the couple at the mansion, put the house on the market in March 2010 - only to remove it from sale a month later. The family was hit with another tragedy when Murphy's husband Monjack passed away weeks later in May. Bizarrely, both husband and wife died of pneumonia combined with anemia.
Now Sharon Murphy has decided to move away from the bad memories and is set to put the house under the hammer in an auction at a courthouse in Pomona, California. According to TMZ.com, court documents show there is still over $4 million owed on the house, which fetched an asking price of $7.25 million last year.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!