House Where Brittany Murphy and Husband Died Is for Sale
The Hollywood Hills home where Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack died within months of each other is set to be sold at auction on Monday, January 31 morning. The "Clueless" star died suddenly in December, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her California residence.
Murphy's devastated mother Sharon, who lived with the couple at the mansion, put the house on the market in March 2010 - only to remove it from sale a month later. The family was hit with another tragedy when Murphy's husband Monjack passed away weeks later in May. Bizarrely, both husband and wife died of pneumonia combined with anemia.
Now Sharon Murphy has decided to move away from the bad memories and is set to put the house under the hammer in an auction at a courthouse in Pomona, California. According to TMZ.com, court documents show there is still over $4 million owed on the house, which fetched an asking price of $7.25 million last year.
More Brittany Murphy News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna