NKOTB's Jonathan Knight: I've Never Been Outed by Anyone but Myself
New Kids On The Block star Jonathan Knight has spoken out following reports he was recently 'outed' as gay, insisting he has never hidden his sexuality. The singer hit the headlines earlier this week after 1980s pop star Tiffany revealed he was gay in a live U.S. TV interview, shocking fans who had no idea he was homosexual.
But Knight is adamant he wasn't hurt by Tiffany's 'announcement' - because he 'came out' to friends and family years ago. In a post on the band's official website, he writes, "To all my fans who have expressed concern: I have never been outed by anyone but myself. I did so almost twenty years ago. I never knew that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay. Apparently the prerequisite to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption, 'I am gay'."
"I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don't discuss their private lives with their loved ones and I don't feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!"
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media