Elton John Apologizes for Foul-Mouthed Comment on Radio
Sir Elton John has been forced to apologize after swearing during a live radio broadcast in the U.K. on Friday, January 28. The Rocket Man hitmaker turned the air blue during an interview on the BBC's Radio 2 after host Chris Evans told him that British musician Jools Holland likes to start his day by playing the piano.
Sir Elton sighed and remarked, "Oh f**king hell." The singer immediately said sorry for his foul-mouthed slip-up, telling listeners, "Sorry about that. I was just exasperated with that. I can't think of anything worse than getting up and playing the piano. It's what I do (for a living). I do play over 100 shows a year, and I make records. I'm very, very sorry for that awful word that I said. Jools, why do you do that?"
A spokesperson for the BBC says in a statement, "Both Sir Elton and Chris apologised many times on this morning's live Chris Evans Breakfast Show for the language used by Sir Elton. The BBC apologises if any offence was caused."
More Elton John News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board