Elton John Apologizes for Foul-Mouthed Comment on Radio
Sir Elton John has been forced to apologize after swearing during a live radio broadcast in the U.K. on Friday, January 28. The Rocket Man hitmaker turned the air blue during an interview on the BBC's Radio 2 after host Chris Evans told him that British musician Jools Holland likes to start his day by playing the piano.
Sir Elton sighed and remarked, "Oh f**king hell." The singer immediately said sorry for his foul-mouthed slip-up, telling listeners, "Sorry about that. I was just exasperated with that. I can't think of anything worse than getting up and playing the piano. It's what I do (for a living). I do play over 100 shows a year, and I make records. I'm very, very sorry for that awful word that I said. Jools, why do you do that?"
A spokesperson for the BBC says in a statement, "Both Sir Elton and Chris apologised many times on this morning's live Chris Evans Breakfast Show for the language used by Sir Elton. The BBC apologises if any offence was caused."
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money