Elton John Apologizes for Foul-Mouthed Comment on Radio
Sir Elton John has been forced to apologize after swearing during a live radio broadcast in the U.K. on Friday, January 28. The Rocket Man hitmaker turned the air blue during an interview on the BBC's Radio 2 after host Chris Evans told him that British musician Jools Holland likes to start his day by playing the piano.
Sir Elton sighed and remarked, "Oh f**king hell." The singer immediately said sorry for his foul-mouthed slip-up, telling listeners, "Sorry about that. I was just exasperated with that. I can't think of anything worse than getting up and playing the piano. It's what I do (for a living). I do play over 100 shows a year, and I make records. I'm very, very sorry for that awful word that I said. Jools, why do you do that?"
A spokesperson for the BBC says in a statement, "Both Sir Elton and Chris apologised many times on this morning's live Chris Evans Breakfast Show for the language used by Sir Elton. The BBC apologises if any offence was caused."
More Elton John News
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises