Elton John Apologizes for Foul-Mouthed Comment on Radio
Sir Elton John has been forced to apologize after swearing during a live radio broadcast in the U.K. on Friday, January 28. The Rocket Man hitmaker turned the air blue during an interview on the BBC's Radio 2 after host Chris Evans told him that British musician Jools Holland likes to start his day by playing the piano.
Sir Elton sighed and remarked, "Oh f**king hell." The singer immediately said sorry for his foul-mouthed slip-up, telling listeners, "Sorry about that. I was just exasperated with that. I can't think of anything worse than getting up and playing the piano. It's what I do (for a living). I do play over 100 shows a year, and I make records. I'm very, very sorry for that awful word that I said. Jools, why do you do that?"
A spokesperson for the BBC says in a statement, "Both Sir Elton and Chris apologised many times on this morning's live Chris Evans Breakfast Show for the language used by Sir Elton. The BBC apologises if any offence was caused."
More Elton John News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance