Elton John Apologizes for Foul-Mouthed Comment on Radio
Sir Elton John has been forced to apologize after swearing during a live radio broadcast in the U.K. on Friday, January 28. The Rocket Man hitmaker turned the air blue during an interview on the BBC's Radio 2 after host Chris Evans told him that British musician Jools Holland likes to start his day by playing the piano.
Sir Elton sighed and remarked, "Oh f**king hell." The singer immediately said sorry for his foul-mouthed slip-up, telling listeners, "Sorry about that. I was just exasperated with that. I can't think of anything worse than getting up and playing the piano. It's what I do (for a living). I do play over 100 shows a year, and I make records. I'm very, very sorry for that awful word that I said. Jools, why do you do that?"
A spokesperson for the BBC says in a statement, "Both Sir Elton and Chris apologised many times on this morning's live Chris Evans Breakfast Show for the language used by Sir Elton. The BBC apologises if any offence was caused."
More Elton John News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris