Geri Jewell Comes Out as Lesbian
"The Facts of Life" star Geri Jewell has 'come out' as a lesbian. The actress, best known for playing Geri Tyler in the 1980s sitcom, opens up about her sexuality in her candid autobiography, "I'm Walking As Straight As I Can".
The title of the memoir also refers to Jewell's struggle with cerebral palsy. She made history as the first person with a serious disability to play a recurring role on TV.
The book, set to be released in April this year, also chronicles her rise to fame, her downward spiral into tax problems, having her money embezzled by her manager, a broken marriage and battling addiction.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise