Geri Jewell Comes Out as Lesbian
"The Facts of Life" star Geri Jewell has 'come out' as a lesbian. The actress, best known for playing Geri Tyler in the 1980s sitcom, opens up about her sexuality in her candid autobiography, "I'm Walking As Straight As I Can".
The title of the memoir also refers to Jewell's struggle with cerebral palsy. She made history as the first person with a serious disability to play a recurring role on TV.
The book, set to be released in April this year, also chronicles her rise to fame, her downward spiral into tax problems, having her money embezzled by her manager, a broken marriage and battling addiction.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival