Geri Jewell Comes Out as Lesbian
"The Facts of Life" star Geri Jewell has 'come out' as a lesbian. The actress, best known for playing Geri Tyler in the 1980s sitcom, opens up about her sexuality in her candid autobiography, "I'm Walking As Straight As I Can".
The title of the memoir also refers to Jewell's struggle with cerebral palsy. She made history as the first person with a serious disability to play a recurring role on TV.
The book, set to be released in April this year, also chronicles her rise to fame, her downward spiral into tax problems, having her money embezzled by her manager, a broken marriage and battling addiction.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie