Geri Jewell Comes Out as Lesbian
"The Facts of Life" star Geri Jewell has 'come out' as a lesbian. The actress, best known for playing Geri Tyler in the 1980s sitcom, opens up about her sexuality in her candid autobiography, "I'm Walking As Straight As I Can".
The title of the memoir also refers to Jewell's struggle with cerebral palsy. She made history as the first person with a serious disability to play a recurring role on TV.
The book, set to be released in April this year, also chronicles her rise to fame, her downward spiral into tax problems, having her money embezzled by her manager, a broken marriage and battling addiction.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory