Charlie Sheen Enters Rehab Again, 'Two and a Half Men' Put on Hiatus
Troubled star Charlie Sheen has checked into a rehabilitation center, just a day after he was treated in hospital for a hernia. The "Two and a Half Men" actor was admitted to Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Hospital on Thursday, January 27 after complaining about abdominal pain, caused by a hiatal hernia.
Reports suggested Sheen had been partying prior to his health emergency. He was discharged later on Thursday to continue his recovery at home, but on Friday, his publicist Stan Rosenfield confirmed the star is seeking professional treatment for unspecified issues.
Rosenfield says, "He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern. Sheen asks that his privacy be respected at this time and that no additional informational will be provided."
The actor had been expected to return to work on hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" on Tuesday, February 1 when the program resumes filming, but TV bosses have now placed the show on an indefinite hiatus. A statement says, "Due to Charlie Sheen's decision to enter a rehabilitation center, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and executive producer Chuck Lorre are placing 'Two and a Half Men' on production hiatus. We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision."
It is Sheen's third stint in rehab - he previously sought help for drug problems in 1998, while he checked into a medical facility last year as a "preventive" measure following his Christmas Day altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in 2009.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!