Charlie Sheen Enters Rehab Again, 'Two and a Half Men' Put on Hiatus
Troubled star Charlie Sheen has checked into a rehabilitation center, just a day after he was treated in hospital for a hernia. The "Two and a Half Men" actor was admitted to Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Hospital on Thursday, January 27 after complaining about abdominal pain, caused by a hiatal hernia.
Reports suggested Sheen had been partying prior to his health emergency. He was discharged later on Thursday to continue his recovery at home, but on Friday, his publicist Stan Rosenfield confirmed the star is seeking professional treatment for unspecified issues.
Rosenfield says, "He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern. Sheen asks that his privacy be respected at this time and that no additional informational will be provided."
The actor had been expected to return to work on hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" on Tuesday, February 1 when the program resumes filming, but TV bosses have now placed the show on an indefinite hiatus. A statement says, "Due to Charlie Sheen's decision to enter a rehabilitation center, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and executive producer Chuck Lorre are placing 'Two and a Half Men' on production hiatus. We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision."
It is Sheen's third stint in rehab - he previously sought help for drug problems in 1998, while he checked into a medical facility last year as a "preventive" measure following his Christmas Day altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in 2009.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama