Kourtney Kardashian Shows Off Labor Footage
Kourtney Kardashian aired footage of herself giving birth to prove labor can be calm - because she was "scared" about the process after only seeing clips of mums-to-be "screaming". The star, who welcomed baby Mason in 2009, admits she was dreading labor after watching numerous movies and TV shows depicting it.
Kardashian was relieved to experience a serene birth, and she decided to air home video footage of the moment Mason was born on her TV show "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" to reassure others it needn't be scary.
She tells Piers Morgan on his U.S. talk show, "We actually filmed it with our own cameras, like a home video and then we watched it - because you have no idea what that experience would be like. I said absolutely no cameras, I don't want lighting guys, a mike on, this is my (moment)."
"I think (because of) everything you see on TV... I was so terrified to give birth. Everything I've seen on movies, everything I've seen on TV of births has been so negative, (like) screaming, so that's why I wanted to show that it (giving birth) can be (calm). If you knew how scared I was when I first got pregnant, just of the birthing process."
More Kourtney Kardashian News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel