Drake to Include Reggae in New Album
Rapper Drake is considering pursuing a whole new musical direction and recording a reggae album. The "Fancy" hitmaker has taken the hip-hop world by storm since signing to rap superstar Lil Wayne's Young Money label in 2009, and he released his debut disc, "Thank Me Later", last year.
He's already started working on his sophomore album and plans to hit the studio with British acts Florence Welch, from Florence and the Machine, and rockers The xx. But the star's also set to head to the Caribbean to collaborate with an unidentified Jamaican producer - and he's keen to turn the experience into a full-blown project.
Drake says, "I wanna do something for Jamaica, because we are supposed to go out there and record after the European tour. I was like, send me some rhythms that are poppin' and I'll see what I can do. He (producer) sent me some rhythms that are poppin', so I'll see what I can do. You never know."
It won't be Drake's first time working with a Jamaican artist - he teamed up with dancehall star Mavado last year for their track "Find Your Love".
More Drake News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names