Drake to Include Reggae in New Album
Rapper Drake is considering pursuing a whole new musical direction and recording a reggae album. The "Fancy" hitmaker has taken the hip-hop world by storm since signing to rap superstar Lil Wayne's Young Money label in 2009, and he released his debut disc, "Thank Me Later", last year.
He's already started working on his sophomore album and plans to hit the studio with British acts Florence Welch, from Florence and the Machine, and rockers The xx. But the star's also set to head to the Caribbean to collaborate with an unidentified Jamaican producer - and he's keen to turn the experience into a full-blown project.
Drake says, "I wanna do something for Jamaica, because we are supposed to go out there and record after the European tour. I was like, send me some rhythms that are poppin' and I'll see what I can do. He (producer) sent me some rhythms that are poppin', so I'll see what I can do. You never know."
It won't be Drake's first time working with a Jamaican artist - he teamed up with dancehall star Mavado last year for their track "Find Your Love".
More Drake News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media