Drake to Include Reggae in New Album
Rapper Drake is considering pursuing a whole new musical direction and recording a reggae album. The "Fancy" hitmaker has taken the hip-hop world by storm since signing to rap superstar Lil Wayne's Young Money label in 2009, and he released his debut disc, "Thank Me Later", last year.
He's already started working on his sophomore album and plans to hit the studio with British acts Florence Welch, from Florence and the Machine, and rockers The xx. But the star's also set to head to the Caribbean to collaborate with an unidentified Jamaican producer - and he's keen to turn the experience into a full-blown project.
Drake says, "I wanna do something for Jamaica, because we are supposed to go out there and record after the European tour. I was like, send me some rhythms that are poppin' and I'll see what I can do. He (producer) sent me some rhythms that are poppin', so I'll see what I can do. You never know."
It won't be Drake's first time working with a Jamaican artist - he teamed up with dancehall star Mavado last year for their track "Find Your Love".
More Drake News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video