Drake to Include Reggae in New Album
Rapper Drake is considering pursuing a whole new musical direction and recording a reggae album. The "Fancy" hitmaker has taken the hip-hop world by storm since signing to rap superstar Lil Wayne's Young Money label in 2009, and he released his debut disc, "Thank Me Later", last year.
He's already started working on his sophomore album and plans to hit the studio with British acts Florence Welch, from Florence and the Machine, and rockers The xx. But the star's also set to head to the Caribbean to collaborate with an unidentified Jamaican producer - and he's keen to turn the experience into a full-blown project.
Drake says, "I wanna do something for Jamaica, because we are supposed to go out there and record after the European tour. I was like, send me some rhythms that are poppin' and I'll see what I can do. He (producer) sent me some rhythms that are poppin', so I'll see what I can do. You never know."
It won't be Drake's first time working with a Jamaican artist - he teamed up with dancehall star Mavado last year for their track "Find Your Love".
More Drake News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza