Former Actress Dolores Hart Lives as Nun for 50 Years
An aspiring actress who kissed Elvis Presley in "Loving You" and then dropped out of Hollywood has been traced to a remote Connecticut abbey, where she has been a nun for almost 50 years, by a U.S. magazine.
Entertainment Weekly reporter Thom Geier launched a bid to track down Dolores Hart last year - and found her at the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem, where she is now known as Mother Dolores.
After kissing Elvis in the 1957 film and making a name for herself opposite stars like Anthony Quinn and Montgomery Clift, the then 24-year-old actress decided Hollywood wasn't for her and she checked into the abbey after attending the premiere of "Come Fly With Me" in 1963. She tells the publication, "I had always wanted to be an actress, from the time I was seven years old. But I realized very concretely it was not the call."
The 72-year-old Roman Catholic nun's only links to Hollywood these days comes once a year when she votes for the Academy Awards after becoming an Academy member in 1960.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri