Former Actress Dolores Hart Lives as Nun for 50 Years
An aspiring actress who kissed Elvis Presley in "Loving You" and then dropped out of Hollywood has been traced to a remote Connecticut abbey, where she has been a nun for almost 50 years, by a U.S. magazine.
Entertainment Weekly reporter Thom Geier launched a bid to track down Dolores Hart last year - and found her at the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem, where she is now known as Mother Dolores.
After kissing Elvis in the 1957 film and making a name for herself opposite stars like Anthony Quinn and Montgomery Clift, the then 24-year-old actress decided Hollywood wasn't for her and she checked into the abbey after attending the premiere of "Come Fly With Me" in 1963. She tells the publication, "I had always wanted to be an actress, from the time I was seven years old. But I realized very concretely it was not the call."
The 72-year-old Roman Catholic nun's only links to Hollywood these days comes once a year when she votes for the Academy Awards after becoming an Academy member in 1960.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival