Andrew Garfield to Get Virtuoso Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest
"The Social Network" star Andrew Garfield and the man who appears to have edged him out of an Oscar nomination are both to be honored at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Garfield missed out on a Best Supporting Actor nod when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25 - with "Winter's Bone" star John Hawkes receiving the surprise boost instead.
Now, both actors will receive 2011 Virtuoso Awards on February 4 in Santa Barbara, California. Also honored will be Hawkes' fellow Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld and Jacki Weaver, and actress Lesley Manville.
Although missing out Oscar nomination, Andrew Garfield still gets nods at other coveted prize-giving event. At the BAFTA Film Awards, he is vying for Rising Star Award and Best Supporting Actor. In the latter category, he gets the nomination for his portrayal in "The Social Network".
More Andrew Garfield News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic