Andrew Garfield to Get Virtuoso Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest
"The Social Network" star Andrew Garfield and the man who appears to have edged him out of an Oscar nomination are both to be honored at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Garfield missed out on a Best Supporting Actor nod when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25 - with "Winter's Bone" star John Hawkes receiving the surprise boost instead.
Now, both actors will receive 2011 Virtuoso Awards on February 4 in Santa Barbara, California. Also honored will be Hawkes' fellow Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld and Jacki Weaver, and actress Lesley Manville.
Although missing out Oscar nomination, Andrew Garfield still gets nods at other coveted prize-giving event. At the BAFTA Film Awards, he is vying for Rising Star Award and Best Supporting Actor. In the latter category, he gets the nomination for his portrayal in "The Social Network".
More Andrew Garfield News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation