Andrew Garfield to Get Virtuoso Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest
"The Social Network" star Andrew Garfield and the man who appears to have edged him out of an Oscar nomination are both to be honored at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Garfield missed out on a Best Supporting Actor nod when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25 - with "Winter's Bone" star John Hawkes receiving the surprise boost instead.
Now, both actors will receive 2011 Virtuoso Awards on February 4 in Santa Barbara, California. Also honored will be Hawkes' fellow Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld and Jacki Weaver, and actress Lesley Manville.
Although missing out Oscar nomination, Andrew Garfield still gets nods at other coveted prize-giving event. At the BAFTA Film Awards, he is vying for Rising Star Award and Best Supporting Actor. In the latter category, he gets the nomination for his portrayal in "The Social Network".
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary