Andrew Garfield to Get Virtuoso Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest
"The Social Network" star Andrew Garfield and the man who appears to have edged him out of an Oscar nomination are both to be honored at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Garfield missed out on a Best Supporting Actor nod when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25 - with "Winter's Bone" star John Hawkes receiving the surprise boost instead.
Now, both actors will receive 2011 Virtuoso Awards on February 4 in Santa Barbara, California. Also honored will be Hawkes' fellow Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld and Jacki Weaver, and actress Lesley Manville.
Although missing out Oscar nomination, Andrew Garfield still gets nods at other coveted prize-giving event. At the BAFTA Film Awards, he is vying for Rising Star Award and Best Supporting Actor. In the latter category, he gets the nomination for his portrayal in "The Social Network".
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App