Andrew Garfield to Get Virtuoso Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest
"The Social Network" star Andrew Garfield and the man who appears to have edged him out of an Oscar nomination are both to be honored at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Garfield missed out on a Best Supporting Actor nod when the nominations were announced on Tuesday, January 25 - with "Winter's Bone" star John Hawkes receiving the surprise boost instead.
Now, both actors will receive 2011 Virtuoso Awards on February 4 in Santa Barbara, California. Also honored will be Hawkes' fellow Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld and Jacki Weaver, and actress Lesley Manville.
Although missing out Oscar nomination, Andrew Garfield still gets nods at other coveted prize-giving event. At the BAFTA Film Awards, he is vying for Rising Star Award and Best Supporting Actor. In the latter category, he gets the nomination for his portrayal in "The Social Network".
More Andrew Garfield News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date