Kalimba to Be Released From Jail Because Not Enough Evidence
Mexican singer Kalimba is set to be released from jail after a judge ruled there's not enough evidence to take his rape case to trial. The pop star, full name Kalimba Marichal Ibar is accused of raping a 17 year old in a Quintana Roo hotel in December 2010.
He was deported from America to Mexico last week after a Mexican judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He was detained in Texas and his attorney claimed he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee.
Kalimba, 28, has maintained his innocence of the rape charges.
The singer was the voice of Simba in a Spanish-language version of "The Lion King".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie