Kalimba to Be Released From Jail Because Not Enough Evidence
Mexican singer Kalimba is set to be released from jail after a judge ruled there's not enough evidence to take his rape case to trial. The pop star, full name Kalimba Marichal Ibar is accused of raping a 17 year old in a Quintana Roo hotel in December 2010.
He was deported from America to Mexico last week after a Mexican judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He was detained in Texas and his attorney claimed he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee.
Kalimba, 28, has maintained his innocence of the rape charges.
The singer was the voice of Simba in a Spanish-language version of "The Lion King".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!