Kalimba to Be Released From Jail Because Not Enough Evidence
Mexican singer Kalimba is set to be released from jail after a judge ruled there's not enough evidence to take his rape case to trial. The pop star, full name Kalimba Marichal Ibar is accused of raping a 17 year old in a Quintana Roo hotel in December 2010.
He was deported from America to Mexico last week after a Mexican judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He was detained in Texas and his attorney claimed he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee.
Kalimba, 28, has maintained his innocence of the rape charges.
The singer was the voice of Simba in a Spanish-language version of "The Lion King".
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!