Kalimba to Be Released From Jail Because Not Enough Evidence
Mexican singer Kalimba is set to be released from jail after a judge ruled there's not enough evidence to take his rape case to trial. The pop star, full name Kalimba Marichal Ibar is accused of raping a 17 year old in a Quintana Roo hotel in December 2010.
He was deported from America to Mexico last week after a Mexican judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He was detained in Texas and his attorney claimed he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee.
Kalimba, 28, has maintained his innocence of the rape charges.
The singer was the voice of Simba in a Spanish-language version of "The Lion King".
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle