Kalimba to Be Released From Jail Because Not Enough Evidence
Mexican singer Kalimba is set to be released from jail after a judge ruled there's not enough evidence to take his rape case to trial. The pop star, full name Kalimba Marichal Ibar is accused of raping a 17 year old in a Quintana Roo hotel in December 2010.
He was deported from America to Mexico last week after a Mexican judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He was detained in Texas and his attorney claimed he was in Texas on business and was not trying to flee.
Kalimba, 28, has maintained his innocence of the rape charges.
The singer was the voice of Simba in a Spanish-language version of "The Lion King".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'