Sean Connery Honored With Bronze Statue in Estonia
A bronze sculpture in honor of Oscar-winning actor Sir Sean Connery has been unveiled in the Estonian capital of Tallinn. The screen legend was honored on Thursday, January 27 when a bust baring his likeness was unveiled outside whiskey sampling society The Scottish Club, where members honor "Scots who have made a difference".
The $14,000 sculpture by Estonian artist Tiiu Kirsipuu was financed through private donations. British Ambassador Peter Carter attended the unveiling ceremony, telling guests "Sir Sean Connery is, without a doubt, an icon. He is variously known as James Bond or the sexiest man of the century. He's a great British actor, a great Scot actor and a great symbol for Scotland."
Connery follows in the footsteps of 18th century poet Robert Burns with The Scottish Club honor.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo