Sean Connery Honored With Bronze Statue in Estonia
A bronze sculpture in honor of Oscar-winning actor Sir Sean Connery has been unveiled in the Estonian capital of Tallinn. The screen legend was honored on Thursday, January 27 when a bust baring his likeness was unveiled outside whiskey sampling society The Scottish Club, where members honor "Scots who have made a difference".
The $14,000 sculpture by Estonian artist Tiiu Kirsipuu was financed through private donations. British Ambassador Peter Carter attended the unveiling ceremony, telling guests "Sir Sean Connery is, without a doubt, an icon. He is variously known as James Bond or the sexiest man of the century. He's a great British actor, a great Scot actor and a great symbol for Scotland."
Connery follows in the footsteps of 18th century poet Robert Burns with The Scottish Club honor.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video