Sean Connery Honored With Bronze Statue in Estonia
A bronze sculpture in honor of Oscar-winning actor Sir Sean Connery has been unveiled in the Estonian capital of Tallinn. The screen legend was honored on Thursday, January 27 when a bust baring his likeness was unveiled outside whiskey sampling society The Scottish Club, where members honor "Scots who have made a difference".
The $14,000 sculpture by Estonian artist Tiiu Kirsipuu was financed through private donations. British Ambassador Peter Carter attended the unveiling ceremony, telling guests "Sir Sean Connery is, without a doubt, an icon. He is variously known as James Bond or the sexiest man of the century. He's a great British actor, a great Scot actor and a great symbol for Scotland."
Connery follows in the footsteps of 18th century poet Robert Burns with The Scottish Club honor.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie