Sean Connery Honored With Bronze Statue in Estonia
A bronze sculpture in honor of Oscar-winning actor Sir Sean Connery has been unveiled in the Estonian capital of Tallinn. The screen legend was honored on Thursday, January 27 when a bust baring his likeness was unveiled outside whiskey sampling society The Scottish Club, where members honor "Scots who have made a difference".
The $14,000 sculpture by Estonian artist Tiiu Kirsipuu was financed through private donations. British Ambassador Peter Carter attended the unveiling ceremony, telling guests "Sir Sean Connery is, without a doubt, an icon. He is variously known as James Bond or the sexiest man of the century. He's a great British actor, a great Scot actor and a great symbol for Scotland."
Connery follows in the footsteps of 18th century poet Robert Burns with The Scottish Club honor.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal