Chipmunk on Why He Helps Resurrecting Chris Brown's Career
British rapper Chipmunk defied his advisers to record a single with Chris Brown, after he was told not to work with the troubled star. Brown hit headlines for the wrong reasons back in 2009 following a vicious attack on his then-girlfriend Rihanna, which left him with an assault conviction.
The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker's career suffered a major slump in the wake of the scandal, but Chipmunk insists he didn't let the past tarnish their new collaboration, "Champion". He says, "Chris has had a difficult time and he's literally had to start again, accept his wrongs and apologise - and continuously apologise - to get himself back to the point where he is now. Every man makes mistakes, and it takes a real man to learn from them."
"A lot of people did try to persuade me not to do the track. But knowing where I'm at and what I stand for in this country, there was nothing that was going to stop me. People were saying radio won't play it, TV won't play it. I said, 'You know what man? I'm doing it'. I'm going to stand next to this dude and say, 'I want to work with Chris Brown'."
The single, "Champion", is due for release next month.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby