Chipmunk on Why He Helps Resurrecting Chris Brown's Career
British rapper Chipmunk defied his advisers to record a single with Chris Brown, after he was told not to work with the troubled star. Brown hit headlines for the wrong reasons back in 2009 following a vicious attack on his then-girlfriend Rihanna, which left him with an assault conviction.
The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker's career suffered a major slump in the wake of the scandal, but Chipmunk insists he didn't let the past tarnish their new collaboration, "Champion". He says, "Chris has had a difficult time and he's literally had to start again, accept his wrongs and apologise - and continuously apologise - to get himself back to the point where he is now. Every man makes mistakes, and it takes a real man to learn from them."
"A lot of people did try to persuade me not to do the track. But knowing where I'm at and what I stand for in this country, there was nothing that was going to stop me. People were saying radio won't play it, TV won't play it. I said, 'You know what man? I'm doing it'. I'm going to stand next to this dude and say, 'I want to work with Chris Brown'."
The single, "Champion", is due for release next month.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation