Chipmunk on Why He Helps Resurrecting Chris Brown's Career
British rapper Chipmunk defied his advisers to record a single with Chris Brown, after he was told not to work with the troubled star. Brown hit headlines for the wrong reasons back in 2009 following a vicious attack on his then-girlfriend Rihanna, which left him with an assault conviction.
The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker's career suffered a major slump in the wake of the scandal, but Chipmunk insists he didn't let the past tarnish their new collaboration, "Champion". He says, "Chris has had a difficult time and he's literally had to start again, accept his wrongs and apologise - and continuously apologise - to get himself back to the point where he is now. Every man makes mistakes, and it takes a real man to learn from them."
"A lot of people did try to persuade me not to do the track. But knowing where I'm at and what I stand for in this country, there was nothing that was going to stop me. People were saying radio won't play it, TV won't play it. I said, 'You know what man? I'm doing it'. I'm going to stand next to this dude and say, 'I want to work with Chris Brown'."
The single, "Champion", is due for release next month.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video