Chipmunk on Why He Helps Resurrecting Chris Brown's Career
British rapper Chipmunk defied his advisers to record a single with Chris Brown, after he was told not to work with the troubled star. Brown hit headlines for the wrong reasons back in 2009 following a vicious attack on his then-girlfriend Rihanna, which left him with an assault conviction.
The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker's career suffered a major slump in the wake of the scandal, but Chipmunk insists he didn't let the past tarnish their new collaboration, "Champion". He says, "Chris has had a difficult time and he's literally had to start again, accept his wrongs and apologise - and continuously apologise - to get himself back to the point where he is now. Every man makes mistakes, and it takes a real man to learn from them."
"A lot of people did try to persuade me not to do the track. But knowing where I'm at and what I stand for in this country, there was nothing that was going to stop me. People were saying radio won't play it, TV won't play it. I said, 'You know what man? I'm doing it'. I'm going to stand next to this dude and say, 'I want to work with Chris Brown'."
The single, "Champion", is due for release next month.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special