Jennifer Lopez Accused of Copying Kat DeLuna's Music Video
Jennifer Lopez has been accused of stealing ideas for her new "On the Floor" music video from a promo by R&B singer Kat DeLuna, just a week after fans pointed out similarities between the two songs. The "Jenny From the Block" hitmaker debuted her new single last week, January 18, and critics have claimed the lyrics and harmonies are similar to DeLuna's track "Party O'Clock", which was released in Europe in November 2010. Both tracks were worked on by the same music producer, RedOne.
Images from Lopez's accompanying video have now emerged online and DeLuna's fans claim there are striking similarities to the "Party O'Clock" promo. Lopez's costumes and dance moves are said to mirror DeLuna's in the new clip. DeLuna has spoken out about the video furore and accused Lopez of "taking away" her ideas.
She tells the New York Daily News, "I've seen this before, where the more established artist tries to take the vision and artistic ideas away from an emerging artist, and assumes no one will notice because of their bigger shadow. Luckily, my loyal fans and the power of the internet have let the 'Kat' out of the bag."
But DeLuna insists she won't be taking any action against the superstar, adding, "Business is business."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent