Jennifer Lopez Accused of Copying Kat DeLuna's Music Video
Jennifer Lopez has been accused of stealing ideas for her new "On the Floor" music video from a promo by R&B singer Kat DeLuna, just a week after fans pointed out similarities between the two songs. The "Jenny From the Block" hitmaker debuted her new single last week, January 18, and critics have claimed the lyrics and harmonies are similar to DeLuna's track "Party O'Clock", which was released in Europe in November 2010. Both tracks were worked on by the same music producer, RedOne.
Images from Lopez's accompanying video have now emerged online and DeLuna's fans claim there are striking similarities to the "Party O'Clock" promo. Lopez's costumes and dance moves are said to mirror DeLuna's in the new clip. DeLuna has spoken out about the video furore and accused Lopez of "taking away" her ideas.
She tells the New York Daily News, "I've seen this before, where the more established artist tries to take the vision and artistic ideas away from an emerging artist, and assumes no one will notice because of their bigger shadow. Luckily, my loyal fans and the power of the internet have let the 'Kat' out of the bag."
But DeLuna insists she won't be taking any action against the superstar, adding, "Business is business."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics