Jake Shears Backs Campaign to Get Scissor Sisters on 'Glee'
Jake Shears has applauded Scissor Sisters fans for starting an online campaign to hook the band a cameo appearance on "Glee" - because he'd love to be a part of the hit show. Actor Chris Colfer, who plays gay student Kurt on the series, recently revealed he'd love to see the "Filthy/Gorgeous" hitmakers on the program and Shears admits he's keen to follow in the footsteps of Britney Spears by landing a role.
Shears is hoping his friendship with Colfer and a Facebook group with 5,000 members campaigning for the cameo will result in show boss Ryan Murphy handing the Scissor Sisters an appearance. In a post on the band's Facebook page, he writes, "This campaign to get us on GLEE is awesome, we're very appreciative to the fans & we love the show! We've been into it since it first aired, and then met Chris & some of the Glee cast."
"Chris comes to our shows & feels a real connection with the band & I think he sees a proper fit between Glee's aesthetic & a lot of our music. I know this would be a blast for the band, fingers crossed!"
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic