Jake Shears Backs Campaign to Get Scissor Sisters on 'Glee'
Jake Shears has applauded Scissor Sisters fans for starting an online campaign to hook the band a cameo appearance on "Glee" - because he'd love to be a part of the hit show. Actor Chris Colfer, who plays gay student Kurt on the series, recently revealed he'd love to see the "Filthy/Gorgeous" hitmakers on the program and Shears admits he's keen to follow in the footsteps of Britney Spears by landing a role.
Shears is hoping his friendship with Colfer and a Facebook group with 5,000 members campaigning for the cameo will result in show boss Ryan Murphy handing the Scissor Sisters an appearance. In a post on the band's Facebook page, he writes, "This campaign to get us on GLEE is awesome, we're very appreciative to the fans & we love the show! We've been into it since it first aired, and then met Chris & some of the Glee cast."
"Chris comes to our shows & feels a real connection with the band & I think he sees a proper fit between Glee's aesthetic & a lot of our music. I know this would be a blast for the band, fingers crossed!"
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?