Jake Shears Backs Campaign to Get Scissor Sisters on 'Glee'
Jake Shears has applauded Scissor Sisters fans for starting an online campaign to hook the band a cameo appearance on "Glee" - because he'd love to be a part of the hit show. Actor Chris Colfer, who plays gay student Kurt on the series, recently revealed he'd love to see the "Filthy/Gorgeous" hitmakers on the program and Shears admits he's keen to follow in the footsteps of Britney Spears by landing a role.
Shears is hoping his friendship with Colfer and a Facebook group with 5,000 members campaigning for the cameo will result in show boss Ryan Murphy handing the Scissor Sisters an appearance. In a post on the band's Facebook page, he writes, "This campaign to get us on GLEE is awesome, we're very appreciative to the fans & we love the show! We've been into it since it first aired, and then met Chris & some of the Glee cast."
"Chris comes to our shows & feels a real connection with the band & I think he sees a proper fit between Glee's aesthetic & a lot of our music. I know this would be a blast for the band, fingers crossed!"
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'