Jake Shears Backs Campaign to Get Scissor Sisters on 'Glee'
Jake Shears has applauded Scissor Sisters fans for starting an online campaign to hook the band a cameo appearance on "Glee" - because he'd love to be a part of the hit show. Actor Chris Colfer, who plays gay student Kurt on the series, recently revealed he'd love to see the "Filthy/Gorgeous" hitmakers on the program and Shears admits he's keen to follow in the footsteps of Britney Spears by landing a role.
Shears is hoping his friendship with Colfer and a Facebook group with 5,000 members campaigning for the cameo will result in show boss Ryan Murphy handing the Scissor Sisters an appearance. In a post on the band's Facebook page, he writes, "This campaign to get us on GLEE is awesome, we're very appreciative to the fans & we love the show! We've been into it since it first aired, and then met Chris & some of the Glee cast."
"Chris comes to our shows & feels a real connection with the band & I think he sees a proper fit between Glee's aesthetic & a lot of our music. I know this would be a blast for the band, fingers crossed!"
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding