Jake Shears Backs Campaign to Get Scissor Sisters on 'Glee'
Jake Shears has applauded Scissor Sisters fans for starting an online campaign to hook the band a cameo appearance on "Glee" - because he'd love to be a part of the hit show. Actor Chris Colfer, who plays gay student Kurt on the series, recently revealed he'd love to see the "Filthy/Gorgeous" hitmakers on the program and Shears admits he's keen to follow in the footsteps of Britney Spears by landing a role.
Shears is hoping his friendship with Colfer and a Facebook group with 5,000 members campaigning for the cameo will result in show boss Ryan Murphy handing the Scissor Sisters an appearance. In a post on the band's Facebook page, he writes, "This campaign to get us on GLEE is awesome, we're very appreciative to the fans & we love the show! We've been into it since it first aired, and then met Chris & some of the Glee cast."
"Chris comes to our shows & feels a real connection with the band & I think he sees a proper fit between Glee's aesthetic & a lot of our music. I know this would be a blast for the band, fingers crossed!"
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage