Shiloh Fernandez Feels Lucky to Be Snubbed for 'Twilight'
Actor Shiloh Fernandez is pleased he missed out on landing the lead in the "Twilight" movies - because he's convinced he would not be "mentally stable enough" to deal with the attention Robert Pattinson receives.
The star auditioned for the role of vampire Edward Cullen, but the part went to the British actor, who has since gained a massive cult following. Fernandez admits he would have struggled to cope with overnight fame, but he's grateful for the opportunities he's received since he was turned down for "Twilight".
He tells Vman magazine, "No one had any idea what 'Twilight' would become. At the time, it was just another audition. I didn't realize I was missing out on stardom and giant pay checks. Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn't have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that. Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me."
Fernandez stars in upcoming movie "Red Riding Hood", which is directed by Catherine Hardwicke - who oversaw the first "Twilight" movie.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour