Shiloh Fernandez Feels Lucky to Be Snubbed for 'Twilight'
Actor Shiloh Fernandez is pleased he missed out on landing the lead in the "Twilight" movies - because he's convinced he would not be "mentally stable enough" to deal with the attention Robert Pattinson receives.
The star auditioned for the role of vampire Edward Cullen, but the part went to the British actor, who has since gained a massive cult following. Fernandez admits he would have struggled to cope with overnight fame, but he's grateful for the opportunities he's received since he was turned down for "Twilight".
He tells Vman magazine, "No one had any idea what 'Twilight' would become. At the time, it was just another audition. I didn't realize I was missing out on stardom and giant pay checks. Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn't have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that. Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me."
Fernandez stars in upcoming movie "Red Riding Hood", which is directed by Catherine Hardwicke - who oversaw the first "Twilight" movie.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers