Shiloh Fernandez Feels Lucky to Be Snubbed for 'Twilight'
Actor Shiloh Fernandez is pleased he missed out on landing the lead in the "Twilight" movies - because he's convinced he would not be "mentally stable enough" to deal with the attention Robert Pattinson receives.
The star auditioned for the role of vampire Edward Cullen, but the part went to the British actor, who has since gained a massive cult following. Fernandez admits he would have struggled to cope with overnight fame, but he's grateful for the opportunities he's received since he was turned down for "Twilight".
He tells Vman magazine, "No one had any idea what 'Twilight' would become. At the time, it was just another audition. I didn't realize I was missing out on stardom and giant pay checks. Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn't have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that. Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me."
Fernandez stars in upcoming movie "Red Riding Hood", which is directed by Catherine Hardwicke - who oversaw the first "Twilight" movie.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway