Shiloh Fernandez Feels Lucky to Be Snubbed for 'Twilight'
Actor Shiloh Fernandez is pleased he missed out on landing the lead in the "Twilight" movies - because he's convinced he would not be "mentally stable enough" to deal with the attention Robert Pattinson receives.
The star auditioned for the role of vampire Edward Cullen, but the part went to the British actor, who has since gained a massive cult following. Fernandez admits he would have struggled to cope with overnight fame, but he's grateful for the opportunities he's received since he was turned down for "Twilight".
He tells Vman magazine, "No one had any idea what 'Twilight' would become. At the time, it was just another audition. I didn't realize I was missing out on stardom and giant pay checks. Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn't have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that. Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me."
Fernandez stars in upcoming movie "Red Riding Hood", which is directed by Catherine Hardwicke - who oversaw the first "Twilight" movie.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off