Tobey Maguire's 'The Details' Sold for $8 Million at Sundance
Tobey Maguire's new movie "The Details" has become the latest Sundance Film Festival hit - the indie drama has been snapped up by The Weinstein Company for $8 million. The film, in which Maguire plays an unfaithful doctor, also stars Elizabeth Banks, Ray Liotta and Laura Linney.
It's one of a slew of films that have been picked up by big-deal film companies in the first week of Sundance. Moguls Bob and Harvey Weinstein have also picked "My Idiot Brother", while distribution rights for gritty drama "Martha Marcy May Marlene" - starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's little sister Elizabeth Olsen - have gone to Fox Searchlight executives.
Meanwhile, Paramount Pictures chiefs have bought romance "Like Crazy" and bosses at Sony Pictures Worldwide acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Morgan Spurlock's "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" documentary hours before the festival officially began last Thursday, January 20.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris