Tobey Maguire's 'The Details' Sold for $8 Million at Sundance
Tobey Maguire's new movie "The Details" has become the latest Sundance Film Festival hit - the indie drama has been snapped up by The Weinstein Company for $8 million. The film, in which Maguire plays an unfaithful doctor, also stars Elizabeth Banks, Ray Liotta and Laura Linney.
It's one of a slew of films that have been picked up by big-deal film companies in the first week of Sundance. Moguls Bob and Harvey Weinstein have also picked "My Idiot Brother", while distribution rights for gritty drama "Martha Marcy May Marlene" - starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's little sister Elizabeth Olsen - have gone to Fox Searchlight executives.
Meanwhile, Paramount Pictures chiefs have bought romance "Like Crazy" and bosses at Sony Pictures Worldwide acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Morgan Spurlock's "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" documentary hours before the festival officially began last Thursday, January 20.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son