Tobey Maguire's 'The Details' Sold for $8 Million at Sundance
Tobey Maguire's new movie "The Details" has become the latest Sundance Film Festival hit - the indie drama has been snapped up by The Weinstein Company for $8 million. The film, in which Maguire plays an unfaithful doctor, also stars Elizabeth Banks, Ray Liotta and Laura Linney.
It's one of a slew of films that have been picked up by big-deal film companies in the first week of Sundance. Moguls Bob and Harvey Weinstein have also picked "My Idiot Brother", while distribution rights for gritty drama "Martha Marcy May Marlene" - starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's little sister Elizabeth Olsen - have gone to Fox Searchlight executives.
Meanwhile, Paramount Pictures chiefs have bought romance "Like Crazy" and bosses at Sony Pictures Worldwide acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Morgan Spurlock's "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" documentary hours before the festival officially began last Thursday, January 20.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March