Tobey Maguire's 'The Details' Sold for $8 Million at Sundance
Tobey Maguire's new movie "The Details" has become the latest Sundance Film Festival hit - the indie drama has been snapped up by The Weinstein Company for $8 million. The film, in which Maguire plays an unfaithful doctor, also stars Elizabeth Banks, Ray Liotta and Laura Linney.
It's one of a slew of films that have been picked up by big-deal film companies in the first week of Sundance. Moguls Bob and Harvey Weinstein have also picked "My Idiot Brother", while distribution rights for gritty drama "Martha Marcy May Marlene" - starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's little sister Elizabeth Olsen - have gone to Fox Searchlight executives.
Meanwhile, Paramount Pictures chiefs have bought romance "Like Crazy" and bosses at Sony Pictures Worldwide acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Morgan Spurlock's "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" documentary hours before the festival officially began last Thursday, January 20.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!