Tobey Maguire's 'The Details' Sold for $8 Million at Sundance
Tobey Maguire's new movie "The Details" has become the latest Sundance Film Festival hit - the indie drama has been snapped up by The Weinstein Company for $8 million. The film, in which Maguire plays an unfaithful doctor, also stars Elizabeth Banks, Ray Liotta and Laura Linney.
It's one of a slew of films that have been picked up by big-deal film companies in the first week of Sundance. Moguls Bob and Harvey Weinstein have also picked "My Idiot Brother", while distribution rights for gritty drama "Martha Marcy May Marlene" - starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's little sister Elizabeth Olsen - have gone to Fox Searchlight executives.
Meanwhile, Paramount Pictures chiefs have bought romance "Like Crazy" and bosses at Sony Pictures Worldwide acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Morgan Spurlock's "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold" documentary hours before the festival officially began last Thursday, January 20.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'