Saigon Brings Warm Blankets for Homeless People in NY
Rapper Saigon has taken to the streets of New York to hand out blankets to the homeless as the city is plunged into freezing temperatures. The native New Yorker, whose rise to fame was boosted with a guest spot on hit TV series "Entourage", has been working with The Bowery Mission Homeless Shelter in downtown Manhattan to help those less fortunate during the wintry conditions, reports AllHipHop.com.
He says, "Me and some friends of mine, the Ahujas that (sic) own a garment manufacturing company, took to the very cold streets of NYC over these past couple of nights to hand out warm blankets to help the homeless stay warm."
New York was hit by a snow blizzard on Wednesday, January 26 and it's set to get worse - weathermen predict the city will be covered in eight to 12 inches (20 to 30 centimetres) of snowfall by Thursday morning, with temperatures falling to as low as 25 degrees Fahrenheit (minus four degrees Celsius).
Mayor Michael Bloomberg has also issued an emergency weather warning, urging residents to stay home if possible and take public transport where necessary.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa