Saigon Brings Warm Blankets for Homeless People in NY
Rapper Saigon has taken to the streets of New York to hand out blankets to the homeless as the city is plunged into freezing temperatures. The native New Yorker, whose rise to fame was boosted with a guest spot on hit TV series "Entourage", has been working with The Bowery Mission Homeless Shelter in downtown Manhattan to help those less fortunate during the wintry conditions, reports AllHipHop.com.
He says, "Me and some friends of mine, the Ahujas that (sic) own a garment manufacturing company, took to the very cold streets of NYC over these past couple of nights to hand out warm blankets to help the homeless stay warm."
New York was hit by a snow blizzard on Wednesday, January 26 and it's set to get worse - weathermen predict the city will be covered in eight to 12 inches (20 to 30 centimetres) of snowfall by Thursday morning, with temperatures falling to as low as 25 degrees Fahrenheit (minus four degrees Celsius).
Mayor Michael Bloomberg has also issued an emergency weather warning, urging residents to stay home if possible and take public transport where necessary.
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie