Vince Neil Gets 15 Days in Jail for DUI
Rocker Vince Neil will serve 15 days behind bars next month after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of alcohol. The Motley Crue frontman initially pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor drink driving and speeding charges stemming from an arrest in Las Vegas in June 2010.
He was accused of driving his luxury Lamborghini sports car 60 miles-per-hour (96.6 kilometers-per-hour) in a 45 mile-per-hour (72.4 kilometers-per-hour) zone near the Vegas Strip, while over the legal alcohol limit. He failed three field sobriety tests and his blood-alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit.
The rocker entered a guilty plea during a hearing in Las Vegas on Wednesday morning, January 26 and he was sentenced to 15 days in jail. As part of a plea deal with the Clark County District Attorney, Neil will then serve 15 days under house arrest. He had faced up to six months in jail if convicted at trial.
Neil, 49, must also attend awareness lessons at a drink driving school and pay a $185 fine. He will surrender to authorities at the Clark County Detention Center on February 15, a week after his 50th birthday.
Neil was previously sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years probation in 1984 for his part in a car crash that claimed the life of Hanoi Rocks star Nicholas Dingley. He was driving under the influence at that time.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'