Vince Neil Gets 15 Days in Jail for DUI
Rocker Vince Neil will serve 15 days behind bars next month after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of alcohol. The Motley Crue frontman initially pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor drink driving and speeding charges stemming from an arrest in Las Vegas in June 2010.
He was accused of driving his luxury Lamborghini sports car 60 miles-per-hour (96.6 kilometers-per-hour) in a 45 mile-per-hour (72.4 kilometers-per-hour) zone near the Vegas Strip, while over the legal alcohol limit. He failed three field sobriety tests and his blood-alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit.
The rocker entered a guilty plea during a hearing in Las Vegas on Wednesday morning, January 26 and he was sentenced to 15 days in jail. As part of a plea deal with the Clark County District Attorney, Neil will then serve 15 days under house arrest. He had faced up to six months in jail if convicted at trial.
Neil, 49, must also attend awareness lessons at a drink driving school and pay a $185 fine. He will surrender to authorities at the Clark County Detention Center on February 15, a week after his 50th birthday.
Neil was previously sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years probation in 1984 for his part in a car crash that claimed the life of Hanoi Rocks star Nicholas Dingley. He was driving under the influence at that time.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'