Mandy Moore Won't Do More Romantic Comedies
Mandy Moore has no plans to star in any more romantic comedies - because she's convinced there is "nothing to learn" from making light-hearted movies. The singer-turned-movie star wants to seek out more challenging scripts and establish herself as a serious actress after turns in films including "A Walk to Remember" and "License to Wed".
She tells Digital Spy, "I've had fun doing romantic comedies but I just can't anymore. There's nothing fulfilling creatively, there's nowhere to grow, nothing to learn from it or for yourself. I'd rather just be home with my family or write music until that special project comes my way."
And Moore, who voiced Disney princess Rapunzel in animated family film "Tangled", would love to sign up for a live-action musical. She adds, "It was fun to dip my toe in the water (in 'Tangled'), but I'd like to do the real thing on the big screen. That'd be so much fun."
More Mandy Moore News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie