Mandy Moore Won't Do More Romantic Comedies
Mandy Moore has no plans to star in any more romantic comedies - because she's convinced there is "nothing to learn" from making light-hearted movies. The singer-turned-movie star wants to seek out more challenging scripts and establish herself as a serious actress after turns in films including "A Walk to Remember" and "License to Wed".
She tells Digital Spy, "I've had fun doing romantic comedies but I just can't anymore. There's nothing fulfilling creatively, there's nowhere to grow, nothing to learn from it or for yourself. I'd rather just be home with my family or write music until that special project comes my way."
And Moore, who voiced Disney princess Rapunzel in animated family film "Tangled", would love to sign up for a live-action musical. She adds, "It was fun to dip my toe in the water (in 'Tangled'), but I'd like to do the real thing on the big screen. That'd be so much fun."
More Mandy Moore News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance