Mandy Moore Won't Do More Romantic Comedies
Mandy Moore has no plans to star in any more romantic comedies - because she's convinced there is "nothing to learn" from making light-hearted movies. The singer-turned-movie star wants to seek out more challenging scripts and establish herself as a serious actress after turns in films including "A Walk to Remember" and "License to Wed".
She tells Digital Spy, "I've had fun doing romantic comedies but I just can't anymore. There's nothing fulfilling creatively, there's nowhere to grow, nothing to learn from it or for yourself. I'd rather just be home with my family or write music until that special project comes my way."
And Moore, who voiced Disney princess Rapunzel in animated family film "Tangled", would love to sign up for a live-action musical. She adds, "It was fun to dip my toe in the water (in 'Tangled'), but I'd like to do the real thing on the big screen. That'd be so much fun."
More Mandy Moore News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!