Nelson Mandela's Health Not in Danger
Nelson Mandela is undergoing tests in a hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, but the political icon's health is in "no danger", according to a spokesperson for the aging star. The anti-apartheid hero sparked fears for his wellbeing on Wednesday, January 26 when his wife, Graca Machel, and members of his family were seen leaving Milpark hospital after visiting the 92 year old at the medical center.
But a representative for the Nelson Mandela Foundation has assured fans there is nothing to worry about as the former South African president is simply undergoing "routine" tests. The spokesperson adds, "He is in no danger and is in good spirits."
Mandela's health came under scrutiny earlier this month when sick internet rumors suggested he had died. A rep for his foundation moved swiftly to deny the speculation, declaring "Nelson Mandela is well and on holiday."
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo