Nelson Mandela's Health Not in Danger
Nelson Mandela is undergoing tests in a hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, but the political icon's health is in "no danger", according to a spokesperson for the aging star. The anti-apartheid hero sparked fears for his wellbeing on Wednesday, January 26 when his wife, Graca Machel, and members of his family were seen leaving Milpark hospital after visiting the 92 year old at the medical center.
But a representative for the Nelson Mandela Foundation has assured fans there is nothing to worry about as the former South African president is simply undergoing "routine" tests. The spokesperson adds, "He is in no danger and is in good spirits."
Mandela's health came under scrutiny earlier this month when sick internet rumors suggested he had died. A rep for his foundation moved swiftly to deny the speculation, declaring "Nelson Mandela is well and on holiday."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer