Nelson Mandela's Health Not in Danger
Nelson Mandela is undergoing tests in a hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, but the political icon's health is in "no danger", according to a spokesperson for the aging star. The anti-apartheid hero sparked fears for his wellbeing on Wednesday, January 26 when his wife, Graca Machel, and members of his family were seen leaving Milpark hospital after visiting the 92 year old at the medical center.
But a representative for the Nelson Mandela Foundation has assured fans there is nothing to worry about as the former South African president is simply undergoing "routine" tests. The spokesperson adds, "He is in no danger and is in good spirits."
Mandela's health came under scrutiny earlier this month when sick internet rumors suggested he had died. A rep for his foundation moved swiftly to deny the speculation, declaring "Nelson Mandela is well and on holiday."
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary