Nelson Mandela's Health Not in Danger
Nelson Mandela is undergoing tests in a hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, but the political icon's health is in "no danger", according to a spokesperson for the aging star. The anti-apartheid hero sparked fears for his wellbeing on Wednesday, January 26 when his wife, Graca Machel, and members of his family were seen leaving Milpark hospital after visiting the 92 year old at the medical center.
But a representative for the Nelson Mandela Foundation has assured fans there is nothing to worry about as the former South African president is simply undergoing "routine" tests. The spokesperson adds, "He is in no danger and is in good spirits."
Mandela's health came under scrutiny earlier this month when sick internet rumors suggested he had died. A rep for his foundation moved swiftly to deny the speculation, declaring "Nelson Mandela is well and on holiday."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media